All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Judges reserve the right to assess warnings and/or deductions when a team’s choreography, uniform, make up, bows etc. do not meet the standards of ‘appropriate’ as described in the policy.

In a perfect world, judges would hand out deductions to teams that had inappropriate uniforms, like Aces', at every competition. Because then it places blame on the coaches and gym for making the decisions about the uniforms, not the parents and athletes for not speaking up. It would put the gym owners in a really tough spot because either you decide to keep the old uniforms, even though you are knowingly going to get deducted, or you are forced to get new uniforms. In either situation, the gym owners look dumb and incapable to the parents/its customers, their reputation takes a beating, and it is blatantly obvious the gyms failed their customers. Even worse/better, the parents will probably be up in arms that they have to purchase yet ANOTHER uniform for their athlete because the people they pay to be in charge messed up big time and now the parents are being affected. So then the gym is either forced to reimburse parents for an entire uniform or purchase the new uniforms themselves, which would cost them thousands, or they will have customers leave. Either way the gyms are punished. It will be a tough lesson learned but could potentially stop the ridiculousness.

This is the best outcome/set of consequences in my mind. It, in theory, places the blame and burden directly on the gym owners, not on the athletes/parents. I do not support placing blame on the parents for not speaking up because the consequences could be very real. It is entirely the fault of the gym owners for making bad decisions and putting their athletes and parents in this situation.

I 100% hope some judges really step up to the plate this year and start handing out deductions for uniforms.

I've copied the USASF guidelines for uniforms below. If gyms insist on being this disrespectful of children, then the USASF and EP's need to be held accountable to make sure judges are giving the deductions as stated in the rules. These gyms aren't that stupid, they're that arrogant. If these gyms insist on giving the USASF the middle finger salute using children as pawns, then the USASF and EP's need to slap them with a safety deduction for every kid on the floor.

APPROPRIATE UNIFORM went into effect with the 2015--‐2016 season. GENERAL UNIFORM GUIDELINES No risqué, sexually provocative or lingerie looking or inspired uniform or garments allowed. All uniform pieces should adequately cover an athlete and must be secured to eliminate any possible wardrobe malfunction. Appropriate undergarments must be worn. In addition to the below specific guidelines, athletes must also consider that a combination of uniform pieces may also deem a uniform appropriate or inappropriate. ALL garments must properly cover the athlete and the athlete’s undergarments during the routine.

UNIFORM SKIRT/SHORTS GUIDELINES When a skirt is worn as part of the uniform, briefs under the skirt are required. The skirt must fully cover the hips. The skirt must completely cover the briefs and must fall at least 1 inch below briefs (regular and boy cut briefs). When shorts are worn as part of the uniform, there must be a minimum of a 2” inseam. UNIFORM TOP GUIDELINES Uniform tops may not include an exposed midriff (crop top) except when worn by athletes competing in Senior divisions. Uniform tops must be secured by straps or material over at least one shoulder or around the neck (tube tops are not allowed). Judges reserve the right to assess warnings and/or deductions when a team’s choreography, uniform, make up, bows etc. do not meet the standards of ‘appropriate’ as described in this policy.

As much as i agree that the aces uniform is on a fine line, the way they are wording all this makes it subjective to whos judging and running a competition. What one might find tasteless and crossing the line, another might see it as ok.

Uniform tops must be secured by straps or material over at least one shoulder or around the neck (tube tops are not allowed).
Some might say that aces uniform is in line with this rule because it has straps connecting it to the neck.

... and that might be the problem with the rule book it has specific rules but kinda leaves the door open for interpretation because it doesnt give exact measurements on straps width, skirt length, etc.

As much as i agree that the aces uniform is on a fine line, the way they are wording all this makes it subjective to whos judging and running a competition. What one might find tasteless and crossing the line, another might see it as ok.

Uniform tops must be secured by straps or material over at least one shoulder or around the neck (tube tops are not allowed).
Some might say that aces uniform is in line with this rule because it has straps connecting it to the neck.

... and that might be the problem with the rule book it has specific rules but kinda leaves the door open for interpretation because it doesnt give exact measurements on straps width, skirt length, etc.

You can't wear a proper undergarment with it. It violates that rule. I realize it's seldom enforced, but it should be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt, the gyms that are arrogant enough to put kids in some of these uniforms will be arrogant enough to point out tiny straps and strap collars supporting a strip of cloth that would barely cover an A cup. I'm not going to talk about any specific gyms but, if you look at some of these inseams, I'm questioning the 2" rule, as well. Gym owners aren't idiots, they know they should provide athletes, especially 18 and under athletes, a uniform where they can do their job without worry or possibility of exposing themselves. Blatant disrespect at the expense of kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a perfect world, judges would hand out deductions to teams that had inappropriate uniforms, like Aces', at every competition. Because then it places blame on the coaches and gym for making the decisions about the uniforms, not the parents and athletes for not speaking up. It would put the gym owners in a really tough spot because either you decide to keep the old uniforms, even though you are knowingly going to get deducted, or you are forced to get new uniforms. In either situation, the gym owners look dumb and incapable to the parents/its customers, their reputation takes a beating, and it is blatantly obvious the gyms failed their customers. Even worse/better, the parents will probably be up in arms that they have to purchase yet ANOTHER uniform for their athlete because the people they pay to be in charge messed up big time and now the parents are being affected. So then the gym is either forced to reimburse parents for an entire uniform or purchase the new uniforms themselves, which would cost them thousands, or they will have customers leave. Either way the gyms are punished. It will be a tough lesson learned but could potentially stop the ridiculousness.

This is the best outcome/set of consequences in my mind. It, in theory, places the blame and burden directly on the gym owners, not on the athletes/parents. I do not support placing blame on the parents for not speaking up because the consequences could be very real. It is entirely the fault of the gym owners for making bad decisions and putting their athletes and parents in this situation.

I 100% hope some judges really step up to the plate this year and start handing out deductions for uniforms.

They won't. With Aces as an example, you think the EP overseeing that judge will allow them to piss off the entirety of California Allstars, thus losing huge business? No way. Money talks.

aces new uniforms
Cv355D_UkAAbeW8.jpg

efa120253cb0206f00bf33dc7d8768ad.png

Just gonna leave this right here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was a gym owner competing for business, I would put this on my tryout info for next season:

We will have ATHLETIC LOOKING BRA FRIENDLY uniforms!

And hopefully I would win some new business and help turn around the trend?

Parents also need to speak up. Maybe do a petition and hand over to gym owners... "next time we get new unis we want them to be bra friendly and make our kids look like athletes, not showgirls".

Ridiculous :mad:

Well since the same uniform company runs most competitions I don't see any deductions really happening .

If I was a gym owner competing for business, I would put this on my tryout info for next season:

We will have ATHLETIC LOOKING BRA FRIENDLY uniforms!

And hopefully I would win some new business and help turn around the trend?

Parents also need to speak up. Maybe do a petition and hand over to gym owners... "next time we get new unis we want them to be bra friendly and make our kids look like athletes, not showgirls".

Ridiculous :mad:
but remember that Aces is just one team at the gym... and it is their Worlds level 5 team. If you have a choice between being on a Worlds team and wearing that uniform or not having a team to be on... which option do you pick? Ok, so as parents we might say "oh I would never" but then when it's your special butterfly who has "worked so hard all those years to get to this point"... it is amazing how quiet parents become(publicly at least) about things like uniforms etc.

but remember that Aces is just one team at the gym... and it is their Worlds level 5 team. If you have a choice between being on a Worlds team and wearing that uniform or not having a team to be on... which option do you pick? Ok, so as parents we might say "oh I would never" but then when it's your special butterfly who has "worked so hard all those years to get to this point"... it is amazing how quiet parents become(publicly at least) about things like uniforms etc.

I hear you. I meant more in general, for program wide uniforms.

I think judges ignore the rule because it's a huge hassle to enforce. Hand out that deduction and the coach will demand that every uniform be measured with a measuring tape, that the athletes didn't want to wear bras, that straps are straps etc. Or, they'll put out the "why are you looking at my athletes in a creepy way."

To sum this up, some gyms have decided they have the World's parents and EP's over the proverbial barrel so, to prove to the AS world the power they have, they exploit young girls for their amusement.

Child Exploitation-Using a minor child for profit, power, status, sexual gratification, or some other purpose.

If it walks like a duck....

Back