All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Technically yes. Orlando city soccer donated money to the Orlando United fund.
Could have rebel put their symbol somewhere else on the uniform? Sure. But I don't see it as distasteful. I don't see why rebel would try and profit off a tragedy that happened 10 months ago.
I'm really not looking that much into the placement of the R's though to be honest.

As far as why they not only have a tribute routine and now a tribute uniform, maybe the Orlando gym was directly affected by it in some way whether they lost an athlete or staff member or families of the gym lost someone possibly?? I really don't know..

I'm never really a huge fan of TG uniforms, but I was smitten with the back of this one. The wings, the rainbow stones, the text. The only thing offputting was the extra Rebel Rs in the text (I presume it's also still on the bottom front of the sleeve?). Three logos on one top seems a bit cocky. It just seemed like overkill, then I thought maybe Rebel donated them, in which case, I totally get it. Either way, very Top Gunesque uniform and I do love that they did a tribute. It's the thought that counts, hopefully a portion was donated, but if not, it's reached a huge audience already and brought awareness to the tragedy.

Did top gun Orlando debut these uniforms early? Follow them on Instagram and they made a post awhile back about debuting new ones at worlds. Wondering if these were the ones they were referring to

First, ouch. Second, do you have some recent sales data that indicates Varsity is on the ropes due to Rebel? Last data I saw was 2015 and Rebel had around 20 million in revenue, respectable for a growing company no doubt but Varsity is still a 1.5 billion dollar company...

Not sure if this is accurate, but from what I'm hearing Rebel Uniform this season has grown to about 50% maybe slightly less in all-star uniforms...

However, Varsity is still the big seller for high school, etc.

That's the part that grosses me out the most. This is free promotion in the name of a tragedy meant to look like philanthropy.

Is rebel doing anything for the gay community in florida? For the mental health community? Or even is Top Gun? Feels like something feel good for social media and nothing towards actually helping anyone.

You know what grosses me out....judgmental people who think there is something not sincere about a tribute uniform. This is not the first tribute uniform Top Gun has done. It isn't a secret a number of the staff are members of the LGBTQ community. Many of them have been patrons of Pulse. The uniform is beautiful and I love the tribute to those beautiful humans who lost their lives in this tragedy. Thank you @Ashley for your post. Well done Top Gun. #OrlandoStrong #FloridaStrong #TopGunStrong

That's the part that grosses me out the most. This is free promotion in the name of a tragedy meant to look like philanthropy.

Is rebel doing anything for the gay community in florida? For the mental health community? Or even is Top Gun? Feels like something feel good for social media and nothing towards actually helping anyone.
i dont think rebel needs any help gaining business at this point, they've done so much promotional stuff already through online, couture uniforms and uniform shoots, etc. so why would they need to promote themselves on a uniform.

You know what grosses me out....judgmental people who think there is something not sincere about a tribute uniform. This is not the first tribute uniform Top Gun has done. It isn't a secret a number of the staff are members of the LGBTQ community. Many of them have been patrons of Pulse. The uniform is beautiful and I love the tribute to those beautiful humans who lost their lives in this tragedy. Thank you @Ashley for your post. Well done Top Gun. #OrlandoStrong #FloridaStrong #TopGunStrong
:shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy:

So much yes!

I like Top Gun Angels uniform. Despite not being bra friendly I like how the back forms an OA which I interpreted to be a nod to the prior.

I don't know in what capacity the gym was impacted by what happened at Pulse. I do know that if a cheerleading gym from Charleston , SC put "Charleston Strong" on the back of a cheerleading uniform in tribute to Mother Emanuel, I would be disgusted and feel ill. People who are directly impacted by these types of tragedies handle "tributes" differently. I understand both perspectives. My mother went to a memorial service at an airport today with the spouse of a victim from Mother Emanuel and he told her how hard it is to move forward when people are constantly pulling you back and reminding you. I totally get them wanting to pay tribute. I get both perspectives from this argument. I just think sometimes these things are more so for the non impacted to make themselves feel better, and less about those directly impacted. It's wanting to do something when you really can't do anything I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i cant wrap my head around why people would be disgusted or grossed out by someone paying tribute to something that more then likely affected them greatly.
Nevermind the fact that worlds is held in orlando... I mean are you going to be peeved if worlds decides to have a moment of silence for the victims....
The pulse shooting isnt heavily reported on anymore here, every now and then the fbi decides to release some evidence to the public, but i wouldnt say i hear about the shooting weekly.
i want to take a big guess and say that staff at the orlando gym, either knew people who passed, or were pulse regulars that were greatly effected by what occurred.

i dont also quite understand why people think rebel is some cold hearted money grabbing machine, and that the uniform was an attempt at seeking attention. Maybe executives at rebel have a heart and wanted to be apart of showing their support, and got the approval to do it through top guns uniform...

i could go on... i was directly affected by the pulse shooting, I lost three good friends and a coworker that night, so please continue to tell me how disgusted you are about a tribute routine/uniform...

i cant wrap my head around why people would be disgusted or grossed out by someone paying tribute to something that more then likely affected them greatly.
Nevermind the fact that worlds is held in orlando... I mean are you going to be peeved if worlds decides to have a moment of silence for the victims....
The pulse shooting isnt heavily reported on anymore here, every now and then the fbi decides to release some evidence to the public, but i wouldnt say i hear about the shooting weekly.
i want to take a big guess and say that staff at the orlando gym, either knew people who passed, or were pulse regulars that were greatly effected by what occurred.

i dont also quite understand why people think rebel is some cold hearted money grabbing machine, and that the uniform was an attempt at seeking attention. Maybe executives at rebel have a heart and wanted to be apart of showing their support, and got the approval to do it through top guns uniform...

i could go on... i was directly affected by the pulse shooting, I lost three good friends and a coworker that night, so please continue to tell me how disgusted you are about a tribute routine/uniform...
IMO it's not the idea of the tribute uniform that turns me off to it, it's the fact that Rebel put their logo directly smack dab in the middle of the words that commemorate a community's resiliency to get past tragedy. Like you said, they could have put it elsewhere. I don't have knowledge if it was deliberatly incorporated to make their advertising just as important but for real, there's many other inconspicuous places it could have gone to fulfill their branding needs in order to 100% let those beautiful letters and message stand on its own.

For example, I would be disgusted as h-e-double hockey sticks if there was a "Boston Strong" design sponsored by Dunkin and they put donuts for the O's. We have a gym in Charleston and I would be disappointed in a shirt that made our logo share the tribute's focal point.

Last edited:
IMO it's not the idea of the tribute uniform that turns me off to it, it's the fact that Rebel put their logo directly smack dab in the middle of the words that commemorate a community's resiliency to get past tragedy. Like you said, they could have put it elsewhere. I don't have knowledge if it was deliberatly incorporated to make their advertising just as important but for real, there's many other inconspicuous places it could have gone to fulfill their branding needs in order to 100% let those beautiful letters and message stand on its own.

For example, I would be disgusted as h-e-double hockey sticks if there was a "Boston Strong" design sponsored by Dunkin and they put donuts for the O's. We have a gym in Charleston and I would be disappointed in a shirt that made our logo share the tribute's focal point.

This is my problem with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My issue wasn't the tribute uniform at all. In fact I think the uniform itself is stunning and perfectly captures the Orlando strong image we are used to seeing. The tribute was subtle but kind of took your breathe away at the same time.
My problem was that Rebel not only slapped their logo on there once, but twice with both R's. The back now to me looks out of place and unbalanced since #1 it's totally different font, #2 two random stars in the lettering which makes no sense and #3 the lettering looks totally off centered because the R's are in different places within the words so it doesn't look cohesive to me.
But obviously Top Gun had to approve this design so clearly they are happy with the end result so whether I like it, or if I think it's tacky is not important. There is no doubt that they are proud to wear it, as they should be.

Last edited:
I understand people's reasoning, but I also think people are looking way to into it then there needs to be. The uniform is a very nice gesture to what happened, and I'd hate to see it get trashed all because of two r's. Now I'll admit my opinion of it might be different if they came out with it closer to when it happened, the r's may have peeved me more.
But this is all-star cheerleading, where everything is about flash and being noticed, so the r placement isn't that surprising. Compared to if any other pro team came out with something similar people might flip out a little more.
I just think the tribute is more important then arguing about the lettering on a uniform. And knowing how gyms tend to work they'll probably only wear it once....

After 5 years we finally have new uniforms. We tried and designed quite a few things in the last 3 years but never really got to actually buy new ones, since it's a big cost for a small Belgian team. But we couldn't be happier now and we love our new uniforms!
b1be1bd81646608947aee6146005d894.jpg
96ca975c155c878e7e8c69567e46c5ce.jpg
4cc5f71632082727bb8d37cd1fc94d68.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Back