All-Star New Uniforms Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh, I know, it's just the uniforms that break the bank though, not necessarily the cost of the shadowbox. I think Michael's is fabulous for their sales though!!

I did see your pic; so I don't know why u didn't Think it uploaded; (it isn't there now of course!
I liked your cheersport and worlds medal!

My 13 year old son said it didn't work, so I'll try again..
9uwxt5.jpg

I bought the box at Michael's for about $20, a piece of foam poster board and some pins.

I wish I could afford to do shadowboxes... with the cost of uniforms, and two in cheer this year, it just isn't realistic. My elder cp was on a half-year allstar team this year, and I had to buy the uniform new. She is moving up to a regular year-round team this year, and those teams are getting new uniforms. My younger cp is going to do the half-year team this year, which is keeping the older style uniform, so her sister's will get passed to her. The 8 year old still wears a youth xs top and size a skirt, so i will just have it altered down to fit her sister since they don't come any smaller than that. It seemed kind of silly to buy another uniform of the exact same size for the younger cp just so I could make a shadowbox for the older one, all the while buying the older one the uniform for next year :( All of the shadowboxes I have ever seen are gorgeous though :)

Oh I do them myself! Its really not expensive. Trust me...I'm a single mom and I don't make a lot of money. I don't even buy all the supplies at once. I make them for all kinds of stuff, not just cheer. If I ever get a chance I'll get some pictures. I hear you--i have 2 in cheer as well and we just did a half season team with new uniform too. It really can get costly. But that's why I wanted to do the shadow boxes...seemed like we put so much into each of those seasons, I wanted my daughters to have them.

Oh, I know, it's just the uniforms that break the bank though, not necessarily the cost of the shadowbox. I think Michael's is fabulous for their sales though!!

But when they're done wearing the either because they've outgrown them or the gym is getting new ones, its better to show them off rather than have them collect dust in the back of a closet.

You all are awesome! Thanks for the tips about the shadowboxes. I think my main thing right now is I am fortunate to be in a position where I can pass the uniforms from one child to another, so once the younger one is done with the uniform, should I just make a shadowbox and put both of their pics in it, and maybe hang it in the hallway or something?

You all are awesome! Thanks for the tips about the shadowboxes. I think my main thing right now is I am fortunate to be in a position where I can pass the uniforms from one child to another, so once the younger one is done with the uniform, should I just make a shadowbox and put both of their pics in it, and maybe hang it in the hallway or something?

YES! Definitely do that. I buy all the stuff at Michael's. Best sales ever. And you'll love looking at it when its done. :)

Just a note about costs: There is rarely ever a reason to buy something full price at Hobby Lobby. Frames and shadowboxes go half price at least one week a month. And they also have their 40% off coupons on line at minimum once a month. They rarely allow that to be used on framing costs, but Michaels's usually does have 50% off custom framing coupons on line - again, at least once a month. Admittedly, even then, it wasn't cheap - but there are ways to cut the cost dramatically.

I completely understand with the uniform cost. I have one daughter and she breaks the bank with her activities. I don't want to even imagine trying to do two, but maybe instead of the uniform in the shadowbox, you can take pictures, some medals, bows and possibly a old or worn out cheer shoe and make a shadowbox out of that. I did it with my daughter when her gym kept the same uniform for 2 season. I wish I had a picture of it, but we just move and it's still packed away....:oops:

Could anyone post a picture of a quilt? That sounds really cute and next year is my senior year so I'd like to do something like that.

Back