All-Star New Uniforms Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I made a t-shirt quilt for my brother and he loves it. So I'm planning my daughters, but I haven't made it yet. I've done some t-shirt quilts where you cut out the big parts (usually from the back) and make them into squares and then take the small parts from the chest and make into small squares to create the border. I had planned on taking her uniforms and cutting the back off so I can applique them down on top. We talked about all the t-shirts and sweatshirt designs on one side and the uniforms on the other side (so one side is always soft). I also have pictures that I'm going to turn into iron on transfers and put onto t-shirt material, so I can add pictures from the years as well.
The t-shirts have to be backed with interfacing so they don't stretch as you sew them.
Picking the t-shirts that are special is the hardest part :)

It was the last year of the uniform, so we thought what the heck. Surprisingly the uniform made it through the pool and hot tub and is in perfect condition.

At the end of her cheer life, I'm making her a quilt. I've kept all her t-shirts, uniforms, patches, etc. I will tear it all up into little pieces anyway and applique her top in fun ways, so I figured what the heck. Makes a great story and will make a great quilt for years to come (no shadow boxes to figure out what to do with) :)

Whoaa! I would think mine would blend all the colors together and look nasty after jumping into a pool. The quilt sounds very cool! I've seen these done before and think they're so cute! i think i could make like 5 quilts with the amount of tshirts i have lol! Whenever you get the quilt done it'd be incredibly amazing if you posted a picture:)

ace_cheer.jpg

Found this one online for an example. I've seen them with a lot more shirts and less "quilted" space. I love these. I have a cheer one and a sorority one. Somewhere on my mess of a desk is a companies brochure that does these. I picked it up recently thinking I may need it again. I can try and dig it out if anyone wants info for a company.

Back