All-Star New Uni's Every 3 Years. Do You Need Them?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 3, 2010
I was thinking about this. There are some uni's that haven't gone out of style and I personally think look great. For example, Stingrays and CEA level 5's unis are both clean, cute, and athletic. Obviously they can't keep these designs forever, but to me they are fully functional for now.

I don't mind paying for new uniforms as long as they are an upgrade from the old uniforms. I would be super miffed if I was asked to pay for a new uniform that was not as cute or had less functionality.

We get new uniforms every 3 years! Its needed, most people have outgrown theirs, the style could be updated, and plus our gym has grown tremendously so we need them :)

I dont think Rays or CEA has had their Unis for that long.
I think Brandon has had the same uni since like 2005/6. I would have an issue if i needed to buy the same exact uniform again. I'm sure there are people that have grown, or their uniform is just plain worn out.

I dont think Rays or CEA has had their Unis for that long.
I think Brandon has had the same uni since like 2005/6. I would have an issue if i needed to buy the same exact uniform again. I'm sure there are people that have grown, or their uniform is just plain worn out.
CEA doesn't get a new uni til 2012. I'm sitting her looking at a 2005 Cheersport Regionals paper with Rays on the cover and their uni has not changed except the skirt doesn't have the green trim on the bottom.

Depending on the uniform, I think 3 years is just about the shelf life of it. Like, mine right now is from three years ago when sequins were 'the next big thing', and now, three years later, a lot of the sequins have come off, leaving only a gross spot of yellow residue. It's not as much of a concern on the more basic ones, or the ones made of mystique, but I think it's something fun to look forward to, too!

Goodness!
I can understand if you have a really ugly uniform then you need a change, but sometimes one style is good for a few years!
Yeahh , I know right ? Last seasons were super cute , since it was my first season I got a used one for half price ; $150 . :) Crop tops , totally in style. This season there new , $475 , rhinestoned pretty awesome similar to F5's worlds uniforms . We could have used the old ones for another year !(;

CEA doesn't get a new uni til 2012. I'm sitting her looking at a 2005 Cheersport Regionals paper with Rays on the cover and their uni has not changed except the skirt doesn't have the green trim on the bottom.
CEA got their new uni's for worlds 2010 right? and keeping them til 2012 makes sense.

Rays have NOT had the same uni for 6 years. It may look similar, but it is different. See this link - http://stingrayallstars.com/?page_id=4

I would be interested to see what program has had the same exact uniform for the longest time.. I'm still going with Brandon for the win.

CEA got their new uni's for worlds 2010 right? and keeping them til 2012 makes sense.

Rays have NOT had the same uni for 6 years. It may look similar, but it is different. See this link - http://stingrayallstars.com/?page_id=4

I would be interested to see what program has had the same exact uniform for the longest time.. I'm still going with Brandon for the win.
Nope worlds 2009 the first got them.

I looked again and the top half of this uni on the paper is slightly different. It doesn't have the V-neck and those extra lines on the shoulders if you get what I mean. I don't know how to explain it haha.

I think it's Brandon too, but I wonder how long CEA had the uni's before these for. I want to say they had those for awhile too

every three years sounds a bit much, but if you think about it, it's really not. how many of those kids grow, gain or lose weight, or just simply wear out their unis? especially teams with white unis. woo. we had them, and let me say god bless my mother's soul for getting the countless number of lipstick stains out. after awhile they just start to look faded and unprofessional. so i think i'd be a little frosted to pay for a new uniform if i'm just getting the same exact one i already have. sure, maybe it's a nice style, but it never hurts to tweek. look at stingrays. they change their unis, and they all look good, always sharp and clean. but they don't completely jump the style boat for another. i like it.

Nope worlds 2009 the first got them.

I looked again and the top half of this uni on the paper is slightly different. It doesn't have the V-neck and those extra lines on the shoulders if you get what I mean. I don't know how to explain it haha.

I think it's Brandon too, but I wonder how long CEA had the uni's before these for. I want to say they had those for awhile too

i'm pretty sure CEA's level 5 teams had their uni's for 3 years, because they debuted their uniforms at the 2009 Worlds its not to long if you ask me!

I started cheerleading in year 2000. And one team still has the same uniforms from year 2000. You don't like to see them. believe me!! :confused:

Back