All-Star New Uni's Every 3 Years. Do You Need Them?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Interesting but not accurate, I designed our current Gold star program uniform five years ago and for two years they were manufactured by a local Miami company. We then switched over to Varsity for three more years with the same design, Varsity just had a better quality version of it. Along the way there were a few special uniforms made by the local manufacturer for Large Coed or Open but the majority of the program has been in Gold.

For the past two season's we have been working with GK on a trial basis with our level 5 and 6 World's teams to see if their product is something that we could eventually use for our entire program. This venture spawned 4 of the most talked about uniforms over the past two years...some good...some not so good, lol.

Five years later all Miami Senior and under teams and all Naples level 4 and 5 teams will be sporting our new GK program uniforms. Prototypes actually come in this week.

On a side note...when I joined Top Gun (01-02 season) every team in the gym had their own prelims and finals uniform that was designed at the coaches discretion, lol...that got messy!

02-03 The first program uniform was introduced but each team still had their own finals uniform.

06-07 The gold stars were debuted and were TG's first uniform used for both prelims and finals.

11-12 Hehehehehe ;-)
so uh, how many people have to follow top gun on twitter to get sneek peeks??? my only advice - bad sneek peeks lead to large amounts of angry fierceboarders ;)

I have had sucky timing when it comes to unis for my CP. When she first started cheer, her old gym was in their last year of that uniform so we bought that one, then bought the new one the next year. Unfortunately the gym closed and we went to a new gym ALSO in its last year of a uniform, so we bought that one and got the new one the next year. 4 years...4 different unis...at least this year she is in the same uniform and can still fit it

I have had sucky timing when it comes to unis for my CP. When she first started cheer, her old gym was in their last year of that uniform so we bought that one, then bought the new one the next year. Unfortunately the gym closed and we went to a new gym ALSO in its last year of a uniform, so we bought that one and got the new one the next year. 4 years...4 different unis...at least this year she is in the same uniform and can still fit it
what gym were you at before MIX? if you dont mind me asking.. Im from michigan also :)

whos getting new uniforms this year
some should post a thread about it:)

i feel your pain! i'm going to have to do the exact same thing. 4 years of cheer, a brand new uniform to buy every year.

whos getting new uniforms this year
some should post a thread about it:)
there is one out there already somewhere... it's titled New Uniforms 2011-2012 or something pretty similar

We had our last uniform for 4 years. We got new ones last year and arent getting new this year. But we arent keeping them for 4years like the first one.
And I know of a gym that went from half tops to full tops ( i saw that somewhere in this thread).

Ive had a new uniform every single year ive cheered.
1. Jr.Prep Novice. (First Gym, first uniform)
2. Junior 4( second gym- new uniform)
3.Rec Cheer- (New uniform)
took a year off, came back
4.Senior Open 3(same gym, new, different uniform)
5. Senior Open 4 (moved up to highest level in gym, new "skimpier" version of uniform)
6. High School Cheer (New uniform)

Now Im going to a new school, new uniform
senior year im going to a new gym, new uniform.

its never ending, and Ive never been able to reuse a uniform.
My poor mother...

Yeah, I'm using the ones from this past season because they look just fine but they'll probably be destroyed by the end of this season. My mom used to make me get new shoes every year and for my first 3 years of allstar cheer, I had practice shoes, then competition shoes, which were the same kind. I was looking in my closet a while ago and I have 5 pairs of nfinity evolutions, 4 pairs of these power shoes w/ the blue spots on the bottom, 2 other power shoes, middle school cheer shoes, and a pair of nfinity pheonix. I don't even know why I still have all of them.
I still have all my old cheer shoes lined at the bottom of my closet too! No clue what I'm ever going to do with them! One pair looks pretty new - it was only worn when I was forced to use that shoe - otherwise I always wore my favorites.

For the past two season's we have been working with GK on a trial basis with our level 5 and 6 World's teams to see if their product is something that we could eventually use for our entire program. This venture spawned 4 of the most talked about uniforms over the past two years...some good...some not so good, lol.

My Fav. TG GK Uniform was the Black one LRG Coed used at NCA 2010 and ICO5 used at worlds 2010!!

Really clean and also very flashy I thought :) You guys should have used that for the program uniforms lol :) I wish my team would have gotten uniforms like that! lol
But Ialso love the Star one :)

My Fav. TG GK Uniform was the Black one LRG Coed used at NCA 2010 and ICO5 used at worlds 2010!!

Really clean and also very flashy I thought :) You guys should have used that for the program uniforms lol :) I wish my team would have gotten uniforms like that! lol
But Ialso love the Star one :)
Also my absolute favorite uniform :)

Back