All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i always thought itd be cool to have one floor be on the huge baseball field where the flat screen tv's are. Thatd definently help with seating just dont know how they would be able to us it.

Disney is the perfect location for the event - I have to agree that the Milk House is quite small - and worlds has begun to outgrow it a bit...but I think when your talking about an international event - Orlando fits the bill very well. I think if you move the event to ANY city - it's still going to be as pricy. Lets face it USASF has to make money on their packages no matter what city your in - so you can always expect to pay more than just booking on your own!

I would love for Worlds to continue to grow but it's true - there has to be something done about seating in the Milkhouse - or HP SmartCenter (or whatever it's going to be called next year!)

i was joking, this is Skid Row! near Dowtown L.A
wv9i.jpg

I think that's the winner.

Yes, Disney is expensive. But if you move the competition from Disney, I'd bet the International competition goes down by over half. And that would be a huge blow to the whole "World Championship" idea of it. Plus you can't beat WDW with their entertainment, transportation, lodging, etc.

All that being said, yes I do think the Milkhouse is too small. My solution = give less bids.

i didnt take it completely serious which is why i said i wished however although it may not change the venue soon we can have hope that it will change come worlds 2015.

Also to even joke about skid row, is kind of sad. Not because worlds wont be there ever clearly but because of all of the homeless people that do live there. Sad, really sad.

I agree..... Give LESS bids! It seems like its gone back to just about anyone can get a bid. I love Disney and as it is a WORLD comp its kinda cool. I bet people from other countries are excited to come see Mickey Mouse!!!

With that being said, if it wasnt there any more, I liked the pics with the 2 venues close together, or NY.( Statue of Liberty ~ kinda a cool symbol of america! haha right)

I am not particularly a fan of the staples center/los angeles convention center/nokia theater area. Although it is dirty, there is plenty to do in Los Angeles.

My suggestion stays the same as last year, the year before, and so on.

I think the Anaheim Convention Center is a nice idea. Dance could be held at the Honda Center down the street.

The Arena at the convention center holds 7,500 people. HP Field house has 5,000
The arena could be set up to where virtually all of the seats would be able to be used. Even if 500 were blocked from the worlds backdrop, there would still be 2,000 more seats than the milkhouse. Anaheim has often times put out folding chairs on the floor. Just the most seating.

Warm ups in anaheim provide much more space than in the milkhouse and jostens. they are also connected and there are many ways to get to the halls from the arena or the arena to the halls.

The convention center also has quite a few halls as well that would have seating like Jostens but in my opinion would be better because there are multiple exits, multiple bathrooms, plenty of space for warm ups, drinking fountains, etc. Bleacher seating can also be done.

Hotels in Anaheim are also a lot cheaper than in florida. There are PLENTY of hotels to stay at. Downtown disney, disneyland, and california adventure are all less than a mile from the convention center and most hotels. Most hotels are within walking distance of the convention center. There are plenty of restaurants around as well.

The honda center is maybe 10 miles from the convention center? Its a beautiful arena. Its seating capacity is also at 7,000 people

This is the arena in anaheim.It was set up for a volleyball match i think but i tried to make it to where everyone would see what im talking about...
the green is where the judges could be set up. blocking absolutely no chairs what so ever. the orange is the vip seating on one or both sides of the judges, and the yellow is where the pretty worlds backdrop could be set up. The way the seats look behind the backdrop are how they look behind the judges. there are also two huge screens on either side of the arena that jostens performances coule be played on or those tragic interviews right when they get off the floor or those annoying we are cheerleader commercials theyve been playing since '09

i do realize worlds will not be changing venues anytime soon however this would be my wish

WOW, i love this idea! And i know we can't change venues because of the contract, but this was more so for fun :) But I LOVE this idea, so good! It is probably the best one i have seen yet!

Javits Center in NYC is pretty big.... or there's a giant place in Boston, wherever it is that they have all the activities for First Night
Javits is big, but they woudl need to rent bleachers and things.

I think it needs to be held in an arena with great seating, not jsut a big convention center.

I already made a list of about 15 reasons why worlds will most likely stay at disney forever.

Back