All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to admit, personally I'm over Disney for competitions as well. I can't deny though that the set up is hard to duplicate anywhere else. Vegas could work, but wouldn't be ideal. Disneyland wouldn't be able to house or shuttle the crowds. I think the best possible solution would be for WWOS to build an arena type building similar to the NCA arena - only allowing seating closer to the floor. I hate how far away the crowd feels at NCA! There is plenty of room at WWOS to construct a new building, and with all they rake in for cheer every year, it should be financially worth while. I'm sure there are plenty of other sports they could house in there the rest of the year. Would that be something that USASF could present to Disney as an idea?

The thing with Anaheim Disney...there are MANY hotels within walking distance of the convention center. Busses wouldn't be needed.

Not that I love ANY Disney option, but just wanted to point that out. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I wish you could open a cheer athletics on the US border with two mailing addresses and an equal number of athletes from both countries. WHAT NOW, USASF?

Also since when is Puerto Rico considered to be its own country?

Peurto Rico is a US Territory, not a state. Many of them don't consider themselves American. They also compete in the Olympics as their own country. So do Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.

So which is more fair: Finalists being determined solely be score, or finalists being determined (in part) by the mailing address of a gym's practice facility?
Personally I think by score it will make it fairer on the teams who should go to finals but are quite alot from that country. Also it will push international teams to try and match usa as they are gauntted a place in the final

Is that where the Cowboys play? I think I mentioned that as well last year (or the year before?) It would be awesome to have it all sort of "self contained." All performance floors / warmups, etc.

Clearly there is a demand to go watch, as well as participate. I like that worlds isn't a select few like Champions League or the others like it. But I also love march madness and some of the Cinderella stories, and would be bummed if NCAA only took the top 16 or 8 teams into the tournament.

With the Summit now at Disney, within the next 5 years I would bet a LOT of people would be Disneyed-out.

There is no such thing as Disneyed- out (lol) :banghead: It's a sin to say such a thing. There is soooo much to do in the Orlando area so that people can do other things for entertainment, such as beaches, Universal, Sea World, Ripleys, water parks,museums, Ybor, Clearwater shopping.... As much as people feel Disney is out growing Worlds and now Summit , there are not many places able to Host, house & entertain such a huge number of participants.

There is no such thing as Disneyed- out (lol) :banghead: It's a sin to say such a thing. There is soooo much to do in the Orlando area so that people can do other things for entertainment, such as beaches, Universal, Sea World, Ripleys, water parks,museums, Ybor, Clearwater shopping.... As much as people feel Disney is out growing Worlds and now Summit , there are not many places able to Host, house & entertain such a huge number of participants.

I am as big of a Disney nut as they come, but I guess I'll say the cost of competing in Orlando (coming from the other side of the country) would get old fast. I don't want that much of my vacation time and budget allocated to going to Orlando every few years (or more.)

Especially when I hear of others who never even get to use their park hoppers because they are there to compete. The amount of entertainment in a particular location isn't all that important to me. For the benefit of cheer organizations around the country (and world) I would love to see Worlds and the Summit alternate locations. (Asian and Australian teams might appreciate flying to the West Coast once in a while.)

How about for international divisions, take the top half from each country into finals? It would allow some of the stronger US/Canadian teams make finals that would normally have gotten cut by the top 3 rule, but still allow representation from all countries. It would also eliminate some of the truly weaker international countries that make it through on the top 3 rule.

The thing with Anaheim Disney...there are MANY hotels within walking distance of the convention center. Busses wouldn't be needed.

Not that I love ANY Disney option, but just wanted to point that out. :)

I think the problem with California is the location and the expense. Yes, West Coast teams fly across the country for Worlds but if you think about it, there are astronomically more cheer programs on the East Coast and in the Mid West, so money wise, it makes sense for it to be on the East Coast or somewhere in the MidWest.

I think the problem with California is the location and the expense. Yes, West Coast teams fly across the country for Worlds but if you think about it, there are astronomically more cheer programs on the East Coast and in the Mid West, so money wise, it makes sense for it to be on the East Coast or somewhere in the MidWest.

I think I've said it before, but can't remember where. I think WDW offers the space/transportation/entertainment/housing to cater to the number of athletes, but I truly believe that holding it in the same location every year hurts the impression non cheer people get of the sport. I've been to Worlds for the past 4 years now, and every year, friends and co workers ask me where they are being held. Every year, when I reply with WDW, people look confused as they remember it being in the same place least year. Every other sport moves their World Championships to different countries, and non cheer people don't see how this is truly Worlds when it is always in the same location. With 95% of the athletes being American, I'm not saying that it should be moved to another country (though that would be awesome to travel and see new places), but moving it around the US could give more credibility to the sport from an outsiders POV.

I think I've said it before, but can't remember where. I think WDW offers the space/transportation/entertainment/housing to cater to the number of athletes, but I truly believe that holding it in the same location every year hurts the impression non cheer people get of the sport. I've been to Worlds for the past 4 years now, and every year, friends and co workers ask me where they are being held. Every year, when I reply with WDW, people look confused as they remember it being in the same place least year. Every other sport moves their World Championships to different countries, and non cheer people don't see how this is truly Worlds when it is always in the same location. With 95% of the athletes being American, I'm not saying that it should be moved to another country (though that would be awesome to travel and see new places), but moving it around the US could give more credibility to the sport from an outsiders POV.
I think booking different venues every year would be tough. I know a lot of sports keep their events in the same location but it's a location that works. The Big East tournament was always held at Madison Square Garden because it worked and fit the event. The Little League World Series is always held in Williamsport, PA because it works for that event.

World championship bids for locations for other events are years in the making and if a city wants to host, they know so a few years in advance. If we wanted to move it around every year, I think it would take a lot of planning and fine tuning but could be doable.

I truly believe that holding it in the same location every year hurts the impression non cheer people get of the sport. I've been to Worlds for the past 4 years now, and every year, friends and co workers ask me where they are being held. Every year, when I reply with WDW, people look confused as they remember it being in the same place least year.
I also feel like the fact that the place they have it every year just so happens to be a theme park adds to the confusion. I've never heard of another sport having their major competition in a place so blatantly not designed for that sport.

I wonder though...would cheer visibility on the west coast improve with its "biggest" event rotating to the other coast? Growing up watching cheer on TV i always thought, "I can't do that...it's in Florida."

Irish Dance Worlds rotates places each year. This year it was in London and last year it was in Boston.

I think Disneyland is such a perfect solution! I haven't seen any negatives sides to it that haven't been proven otherwise. Still Disney, bigger arena, more seating, easy to find hotels, vacation packages, nearby things to do, etc. I'm rambling sorry haha. Is it true the contract ends this year? So we will most likely find a new place

Back