New York Cheer Allstars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 29, 2013
Let me clarify the situation for you. First and foremost congratulations to Jersey Pride Liberty on their at large bid. Our Small Sr. 5 had a 12 year old on our Worlds team last year. Unfortunately, she was not 12 in August. Our mistake, we were 100% forthcoming with USASF officials regarding the athlete in question. We were never told that we could not compete this year in the Small Sr. 5 division. But no worries here, we have our eyes on another prize.
New York Cheer is stronger than ever!!!!!!
ONE TEAM-ONE DREAM

Let me clarify the situation for you. First and foremost congratulations to Jersey Pride Liberty on their at large bid. Our Small Sr. 5 had a 12 year old on our Worlds team last year. Unfortunately, she was not 12 in August. Our mistake, we were 100% forthcoming with USASF officials regarding the athlete in question. We were never told that we could not compete this year in the Small Sr. 5 division. But no worries here, we have our eyes on another prize.
ONE TEAM-ONE DREAM
Sorry, but I am a parent and I know the age rules and the penalty if you are caught violating the rule at Worlds. I find your attempt at justification insulting. Kudos to USASF for enforcing their rules.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

We were not permitted to move on to day 2 last year. They asked if we wanted to remove her prior to hitting the floor, and we told them no. We were told we could not progress onto day 2 nothing was ever said about not competing this year, infact we were scored and ranked, there was no DQ next to our name. I am glad that you are a cheer parent that knows all the rules, too bad you were not here last year when we read them wrong.
Cheers!!!

So you are saying it was a "mistake" that you had an athlete that was too young and it was not blatant cheating? Were you forthcoming before of after you got caught? Yes, I am coming off harsh, but I have no tolerance for cheating and you are the third gym that I have heard get caught cheating and try to pass it off as a "mistake" or a "misunderstanding". It is what it is - the rules are not vague....

So you are saying it was a "mistake" that you had an athlete that was too young and it was not blatant cheating? Were you forthcoming before of after you got caught? Yes, I am coming off harsh, but I have no tolerance for cheating and you are the third gym that I have heard get caught cheating and try to pass it off as a "mistake" or a "misunderstanding". It is what it is - the rules are not vague....
Do like your name and quitthedrama ;) lol but no seriously no one cares -_- . We should appreciate the apology whether it was an honest mistake or not. (Which im sure it was) .Lessons were learned.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

ONE TEAM-ONE DREAM

If your coaches don't know how to correctly read the age grid, I'm honestly concerned with their ability to coach. There is nothing difficult or fancy about it-it's black and white across the board whether its a tiny team or senior team. At the Worlds level, I just can't believe this. These are not new kids and coaches that don't know the rules, they are simply ones that got caught and are trying to save face.

Do like your name and quitthedrama ;) lol but no seriously no one cares -_- . We should appreciate the apology whether it was an honest mistake or not. (Which im sure it was) .Lessons were learned.

I care. Other people care. People are just too afraid to call it what it is... With good reason because whenever someone does call out a program, they are the ones to get crucified... not the program. An apology after the fact or claims of not knowing rules, paperwork overlooked or whatever the excuse of the month (aka "honest mistake") is makes no difference to me. 3 teams got caught, how many didn't?

This will be our last post before shutting down our account. I will not allow all of my athletes to be upset by all the negative mean things being said. I am happy knowing that every athlete and parent knows that the athlete in question did not step on the mat as a level 5 cheerleader until she turned 12. I know that she was a USASF registered member, she was credentialed, she was added to the USASF online roster that is needed when going for a bid at a competition. I know that I made the right choice by keeping her on the mat with her squad members and not pulling her moments before.
There will always be people that think we lied, or were deceitful, or "are trying to pull a fast one." But WE know as gym owners, athletes, parents, and coaches that we did nothing wrong. Sure I'm absolutely guilty of not reading the rules clearly. I waited until the kid turned 12 and then I put her on the mat not a moment before. NY CHEER STRONGER THAN EVER.

I'm happy with that explanation :) why can't others be? I would totes be on NY Cheer if I lived in that area but not if they wouldn't have apologized. We're lucky to get even this from some gyms. Same situation with PCM but they were caught right before they received a bid but they apologized and now everyone's happy. I'm not saying forget but for the sake of a semi-peaceful cheer world lets forgive and stop with all the malicious comments.

I'm happy with that explanation :) why can't others be? I would totes be on NY Cheer if I lived in that area but not if they wouldn't have apologized. We're lucky to get even this from some gyms. Same situation with PCM but they were caught right before they received a bid but they apologized and now everyone's happy. I'm not saying forget but for the sake of a semi-peaceful cheer world lets forgive and stop with all the malicious comments.

Then you could be part of a gym that has a history of cheating with illegal athletes as well. This is nothing new for them - although getting caught is - and the only thing that maybe will come out of this is that they will think they cannot get away with it again because more people will be watching them. Their apology is because they were caught. And the fact that this gym can add a few kids to go medium, add a boy to go small coed or do whatever else they have up their sleeve to go to another competition next weekend to get a bid is disgusting and should not be allowed. If a gym is found to be in violation of the age rules at Worlds then the entire gym, all teams, should be banned from Worlds the following season. Maybe then gyms would think twice about doing this in the first place.

Back