Newbie Mom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 23, 2017
Hi, my name is Sherrie. My son is in his 2nd year of cheer. He's the only boy on the team other than the mascot. He's 13 and in the 8th grade.

Hi, my name is Sherrie. My son is in his 2nd year of cheer. He's the only boy on the team other than the mascot. He's 13 and in the 8th grade.

Welcome and glad to hear of another boy in the ranks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,
I know kids will be kids. They will pick on him from time to time and I just tell him if they don't like it then f them, they don't know what they are missing. I don't know anything about the world of cheer but I'm leaning.

Thanks,
I know kids will be kids. They will pick on him from time to time and I just tell him if they don't like it then f them, they don't know what they are missing. I don't know anything about the world of cheer but I'm leaning.

Thick skin and a few good cheer friends can go a long way. Support from your program can also be key.

Rec was brutal for cs on treatment from other kids and some parents but things changed once entering the all star world and having male coaches and other guys in the gym. Cs was also really annoying as a kid which didn't help much but as they all grew accustomed to each other the better it was.

I got teased for doing cheer for my middle school team. But switched to allstar instead. Allstar is more accepting/welcoming then school cheer (from what I've witnessed). I would probably switch him over to allstar because allstar is so much funner then school cheer (IMO).

My son cheered for a season and was the only boy at the entire gym. He felt kinda isolated and ended up quiting which really saddened me :( My daughter is still going strong though. There are many more boys at the gym but my son still wont join back up. So hard as he was so proud of himself after his first competition - koodos to all the male cheerleaders! Love watching them <3

My son cheered for a season and was the only boy at the entire gym. He felt kinda isolated and ended up quiting which really saddened me :( My daughter is still going strong though. There are many more boys at the gym but my son still wont join back up. So hard as he was so proud of himself after his first competition - koodos to all the male cheerleaders! Love watching them <3
Why won't he go back? :/

I've got friends with male cheerleaders and it can be so tough on the kids. Other boys can be cruel for the dumbest things. The boys I know have some kick-butt tumbling skills, so they lay it all on the mat and amaze everyone when they compete.

I've got friends with male cheerleaders and it can be so tough on the kids. Other boys can be cruel for the dumbest things. The boys I know have some kick-butt tumbling skills, so they lay it all on the mat and amaze everyone when they compete.

My cp made his case for doing cheer by doing some tumbling in the school hallways. [emoji23]

Back