College News Coverage Of Acrobatics And Tumbling (ncata)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't really get this
confused.png

Acrobatic Gymnastics and tumbling are sports in their own right.
So what exactly is this and why is it needed?

I'm fairly certain it is just a grey trucelin mat (cheer floor no springs)

They put this on a basketball court so there is a little bounce but it is def not spring.

Honestly, what's the point of this?
"Cheerleading" is not a sport and therefore not recognized by the NCAA or the Olympics as one resulting in several unfortunate things. NCATA and Stunt are attempts at for lack of a better term "renaming" cheerleading but still using the elements in a different format so that a "sport" can be recognized. Both are in their first year, but seem promising. Hope that helps

"Cheerleading" is not a sport and therefore not recognized by the NCAA or the Olympics as one resulting in several unfortunate things. NCATA and Stunt are attempts at for lack of a better term "renaming" cheerleading but still using the elements in a different format so that a "sport" can be recognized. Both are in their first year, but seem promising. Hope that helps

I feel like, even if they become sports, its not gonna help the cheer industry at all. Or the people in it.

I feel like, even if they become sports, its not gonna help the cheer industry at all. Or the people in it.
The cheer industry has met many, many obstacles because we are not "officially" considered a "sport". There are many steps that need to be taken in order for it to occur. But along with college scholarships and the possibility of appearing in the Olympics the ability for the sport of competitive cheerleading to continue on into college and even further AND be taken more seriously by all (outside of the "cheer" community) is a great benefit!

The cheer industry has met many, many obstacles because we are not "officially" considered a "sport". There are many steps that need to be taken in order for it to occur. But along with college scholarships and the possibility of appearing in the Olympics the ability for the sport of competitive cheerleading to continue on into college and even further AND be taken more seriously by all (outside of the "cheer" community) is a great benefit!

Yeah, but cheer would be replaced by these sports... Is it worth to destroy the sport of cheer to get the benefits of a new sport?

Yeah, but cheer would be replaced by these sports... Is it worth to destroy the sport of cheer to get the benefits of a new sport?
Cheer won't be replaced, just new doors opened. Its kinda like a show that's been on HBO does a few edits in order to be viewed on ABC, doesn't CHANGE it just a few edits in order for the show to be more widely viewed and accepted.

Back