High School Nfhs Pyramid Ideas For 13?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 24, 2013
The team I'm coaching has 13 girls. I'm having trouble coming up with a second pyramid idea for their competition routine.

The first pyramid they're doing is a lib hitch in the center, with two halves on the sides--one holding the foot, the other linked by one arm.

Does anyone have suggestions for a second pyramid? Everything I think of can't be done without more people.

With 13 I would do one with a braced flip in it, you only need 12 but an extra front spot could always be helpful.

Lots of options with 12 people! just depends on what type pf pyramid you are looking for

@eferrig1 - You should chat to @cheer coach k - I have done her choreo for years and she has had #'s ranging from 8 all the way to 14 I believe this year! She would be a goo network for you :)

@eferrig1 if you want to PM me, I can send you the links to all of the pyramids we have done. We always score in the 9s with what we have! Don't get discouraged by a small team! As @Rudags mentioned, I've had a team as small as 8 girls and we still qualified for state! (I highly recommend him as a choreographer if you're in the market for one, btw)!

@eferrig1 if you want to PM me, I can send you the links to all of the pyramids we have done. We always score in the 9s with what we have! Don't get discouraged by a small team! As @Rudags mentioned, I've had a team as small as 8 girls and we still qualified for state! (I highly recommend him as a choreographer if you're in the market for one, btw)!

I'm brainstorming for next year and I'm leaning towards a small team of 11 or 12. Would you mind sharing those pyramid ideas with me too? I'll PM you!

I have the same amount of girls (13)
Right now we start with a braced flip , immediate liberty after the catch, then the outside bacers press to an outside heel stretch pyramid, they clean and the middle group airplanes out then rolls and then those two bracers come in for a 2 stunt pyramid (the 3 extra girls nugget until their next part) and then they do a 1 sided braced tic toc outside scale.. then she comes down and they recreate three groups and they finish with nice clean paper dolls :)

It is possible !
I'm learning to love small teams :)

Good Luck !
-Hanna

I know it's probably illegal to assist in a shoulder stand... but I'll leave this here anyway. I'm obsessed with it, and it only uses 10 people.

Back