High School Nfhs Rule Book?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 11, 2011
Hey guys, so my high school is competing soon and I've made their routine around the AACCA rules. Their entire routine is legal through that but they do have some pretty advanced moves for high schools (suspended splits, suspended forward rolls, kick twists in the pyramid..) and I was wondering how much the rulebooks differ between AACCA and NFHS. I only recently learned about NFHS and relized that the stunts they do are barely legal by AACCA standards so I figure if anything is even slightly different there might be a problem. I've tried to look up the NFHS rulebook but apparnetly I have to order an actual rulebook...? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The team I'm coaching is doing mostly local comps this year and isn't looking toward a UCA nationals until next year so there's a chance that a comp they go to will use NFHS.. I can check each and every comp for their rules but does anybody know a place online I can view the full rulebook/know if any particular stunts are legal in one but not the other?

Hey guys, so my high school is competing soon and I've made their routine around the AACCA rules. Their entire routine is legal through that but they do have some pretty advanced moves for high schools (suspended splits, suspended forward rolls, kick twists in the pyramid..) and I was wondering how much the rulebooks differ between AACCA and NFHS. I only recently learned about NFHS and relized that the stunts they do are barely legal by AACCA standards so I figure if anything is even slightly different there might be a problem. I've tried to look up the NFHS rulebook but apparnetly I have to order an actual rulebook...? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The team I'm coaching is doing mostly local comps this year and isn't looking toward a UCA nationals until next year so there's a chance that a comp they go to will use NFHS.. I can check each and every comp for their rules but does anybody know a place online I can view the full rulebook/know if any particular stunts are legal in one but not the other?
The biggest differences this year are the newly legal elements added to AACCA. For example, you can now backwalkover out of a cradle position. You can also forward roll out of a prone position. Other than that I don't think there are big differences. I would invest in a rule book though if I were you... there is no where to view them online. My school bought one for me.

The rules are not posted online. I have tried and any sites that I have found them, they have been removed.

I would most definitley invest in a rule book, I had my team doing the backwalkover out of cradle and then we realized if not legal NFHS and we are not sure at a competition, my team gets crazy w/ little changes last minute - I KNOW not a big change to NOT do it.... They are weird sometimes, but like I said, I am glad I re-read NFHS and made the routine legal everywhere!

Back