All-Star Nfinity Titans

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

where can you purchase the hightop vros? i was going to get these nfinitys because i have bad ankles and they're supposed to be more supportive, but i would rather try vros first because i like the regular vros.

As someone who was prescribed custom orthotics years ago, be careful with them. They are a HUGE money maker for podiatrists. I mean HUGE. They are enormously over prescribed, and many times, over the counter things will work just as well.

As someone who was prescribed custom orthotics years ago, be careful with them. They are a HUGE money maker for podiatrists. I mean HUGE. They are enormously over prescribed, and many times, over the counter things will work just as well.
You might not know, but do you have to get updated ones or do you just keep wearing the same ones? I got a pair through PT and when I went to my podiatrist, the doctor covering for him said you need to update them. But I've never heard that and I was just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might not know, but do you have to get updated ones or do you just keep wearing the same ones? I got a pair through PT and when I went to my podiatrist, the doctor covering for him said you need to update them. But I've never heard that and I was just wondering.

I would imagine that they wear out over time just like the regular insoles on shoes. The harder type ones probably last longer than the softer styles.

Proper made orthotics should last a long time...that's why insurance companies usually only cover them once.

This is exactly what her sports medicine doctor said. He said to go to a sporting goods store and get inserts. But didn't specify a type. Lol

So for you PT's out there what about the ACL braces? My Cp had ACL and meniscus repair and has just been cleared after 9 months. The surgeon said wear the brace for one year while cheering. Will this weaken the knee??

So for you PT's out there what about the ACL braces? My Cp had ACL and meniscus repair and has just been cleared after 9 months. The surgeon said wear the brace for one year while cheering. Will this weaken the knee??

One year as in one more year from now, or 3 more months, so one year after? A few more months would be fine, but a whole year more sounds slightly excessive in my opinion. Did the PT say anything about the brace?

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I wore mine at least 6 months after being released.

Proper made orthotics should last a long time...that's why insurance companies usually only cover them once.
See I think the doctor filling in for my doctor didn't know what she was talking about. She said insurance companies cover orthotics once a year and I thought that seemed excessive.

ETA: I didn't want to double post but I have weak ankles and ankle problems. I'm in a boot for a broken bone in the side of my foot. Could wearing the boot be making my ankle weak? It always hurts if I try to put weight on it without the boot now.

Back