All-Star No More 'nationals'

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha I finally change my name from Kingston to King because my name is actually King. People were starting to call me Kingston (which isn't bad but wasn't correct).

Sent from the Fierce Board App

when i came from gymnastics to cheer i was confused by how many 'provincial championships' (similar to state but im from CANADA :D) and national championships. In gymnastics there was one competition for provincials (which you had to qualify for) - and when you placed at that determined your rank in the Province, and then national champions (first had to qualify to compete) and then when compete at nationals that is the final national placement until the following year - it made it easy to recognize the best (kindof like recognizing world champions :) )

I like the idea of it! :)

ETA: and those championships were legit championships where the majority of eligible athletes competed unless there was a reason they couldn't (injury, finance, etc.)

So basically everyone is saying they just want one event producer. Well, Varsity is close to accomplishing that.

I'm not against competition by why does getting rid of the word 'Nationals' make that a closer goal?

I'm not against competition by why does getting rid of the word 'Nationals' make that a closer goal?

I didn't say getting rid of the word makes it a closer goal.

At this point, with the fall of Cheersport, I am concerned it's become manifest destiny.

But, if I am a still independent event producer, then I am going to promote my top event as XYX Nationals. I don't know why that is an issue.

Now for event producers, like Jamfest, that have a billion nationals, I think it's an issue. Frankly, it's one of the few things I despise about Jamfest and I have no idea why they cheapen their brand by doing it.

So basically everyone is saying they just want one event producer. Well, Varsity is close to accomplishing that.

I don't think that's what people want. Call it a classic, invitational, championship, whatever you want, just get change the titles of the thousands of "nationals"

I didn't say getting rid of the word makes it a closer goal.

At this point, with the fall of Cheersport, I am concerned it's become manifest destiny.

But, if I am a still independent event producer, then I am going to promote my top event as XYX Nationals. I don't know why that is an issue.

Now for event producers, like Jamfest, that have a billion nationals, I think it's an issue. Frankly, it's one of the few things I despise about Jamfest and I have no idea why they cheapen their brand by doing it.

I just feel like the title National Championship is too misleading. So misleading at Rays (which I know is a skewed sample group) few people say the words: national champion. They say they won Dallas, CHEERSPORT, or battle.

I just feel like the title National Championship is too misleading. So misleading at Rays (which I know is a skewed sample group) few people say the words: national champion. They say they won Dallas, CHEERSPORT, or battle.

I agree that the name of the event producer is/should be a required qualifier.

I suggest they name them all regionals...since other than a few - they all attract regional competition...assign the regionals a point score for 1st place through 6th place in a division and tally up all the scores at the end of the year, normalizing for the number of competitions you attend - or require a certain number of competitions to compete for high score (like 6 qualifying events) and award that team the "High Point Award"- allow this to cross over EPs, or only those EPs using the same score sheet would be better. If its the World's score sheet it could allow for setting the rankings going into World.

Jamfest has lots of "nationals" but only one "supernational". See how that makes a difference?

Yeah, me neither.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nah. Just think it be a welcome change. No more random national champions.

NCA grand champions from Dallas

CHEERSPORT grand champions from Atlanta.

Majors champions and jamfest super mega extraordinary (or whatever adverbs and adjectives they attach now) grand champions from Indy

and UCA All Star Nationals in Florida

Latest posts

Back