All-Star No More 'nationals'

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When my CP first started, you actually had to WIN a bid to 'Nationals' (like Worlds). I really wish it was still that way! My CP and I often discuss Worlds and what an honor it would be to be able to go, when anyone could go to 'Nationals' it took that honor away. Sure, to the commoners it looks impressive, but anyone in the industry knows better!! Our last gym only went to 'Nationals'....impressive to the newbies, but not so to those of us that have been around for a while.

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

i think That would be hard on gyms that arent good enough to Actually "Compete" at Those type of Nationals! I feel there have to be smaller Nationals for Gyms that arent as Big and Competitive!
So you would want to diminish the value of 'national champions' in order for everyone to win one? National champion of division small all girl 34A that has 1 team in it, XYZ Allstars! Thanks, but no thanks. I'd keep small gym division.

For next year, there would be 4 major nationals: UCA, NCA, Cheersport, and SuperNationals. Year after that (give companies time to change things), it's a Super Championship. Nationals would be the USASF summit equivalent/Worlds. Done.

My gym for example isnt considered small gym but at times isnt ready to compete against what people consider "big" or "poplular" gyms. Small Gym Divisions do help smaller gyms though!!!
Not going to be popular - but I think the point of the thread is that we cant tailor make National's events so that everyone can claim they win a National Title. Size of gym matters, and I suppose you could do a new gym division - for gyms that are less than 4 years old or something...but other than that - I think a National Champion should take some hoops to get through to win.

So you would want to diminish the value of 'national champions' in order for everyone to win one? National champion of division small all girl 34A that has 1 team in it, XYZ Allstars! Thanks, but no thanks. I'd keep small gym division.

For next year, there would be 4 major nationals: UCA, NCA, Cheersport, and SuperNationals. Year after that (give companies time to change things), it's a Super Championship. Nationals would be the USASF summit equivalent/Worlds. Done.

If just those 4 have it people will complain. Just grand championship.

Sent from the Fierce Board App

Not going to be popular - but I think the point of the thread is that we cant tailor make National's events so that everyone can claim they win a National Title.

As much as I LOVE seeing my CP win, I never fell into the "everybody is a winner" craze. I know how much more she appreciates a win over 5 or 6 teams as apposed to wining because there was no one else in her division. I'm not psychiatrist, but I know that my CP is confident and proud and she doesn't need an unearned trophy to make her fell good about her accomplishments.

(Just my opinion.....please don't attack! I'm only speaking for her and no one else)

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

According to my paypal donation to fierceboard and the WhoIs info for fierceboard.com, King isn't his real name either ;)

It's my legal middle name. I'm also the IV.

It's my legal middle name. I'm also the IV.

That's a neat name. Is it a family name? I really thought it was Kingston and King was just a nickname.

That's a neat name. Is it a family name? I really thought it was Kingston and King was just a nickname.

Jesse King Harrison IV.

I'm the seventh in a row in my family to be named King.

Latest posts

Back