All-Star No More Yella Bows?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nope, just for shipping! I've bought a bit of cheer gear in the last couple of years online as we can't get anywhere near the same range (if at all) as the US. Even shoes haven't cost me that much to ship! Most things take 2-3 weeks whichever method of shipping the seller has used. I was really looking forward ordering, but my mom makes bows, so it looks like I'll have to stick with those for the moment.
Wow that is crazy!!

Seriously with all these shipping costs? I make bow and shipping for a bow is 1.50€ which is $2. This is why I ship for free. I once sent 5 bows to a girl and shipping was 5€ which is arounf $7. I am talking about shipping to USA. And it only takes a week to get it.
International shipping has gone up quite a bit...not saying what she's charging isn't ridiculous because it is! I used to be able to ship a couple bows first class to Canada for under $5. I shipped a box with 2 bows in it last week and it was almost $9! Stinks!!!

I'm sure she's not overcharging on shipping as such - just maybe not trying terribly hard to find a reasonable rate/shipping method. I'm always buying things on eBay shipped from all over the US, and rates often range from $9 to $45 for the same item (usually Nike Pros :cloud9:). I assume that there must be multiple ways of shipping product and I don't expect the seller to go out of their way to find the cheapest method for me - but what some charge is just silly! I can't wait to see which companies she recommends to replace her - there are some AMAZING bows out there judging from what we have seen on the boards so far!

Just checked out her Ribbon Smart website, that fabric is ridiculously overpriced compared to what I pay per yard at Hancock Fabric.

On ebay and amazon I've found that alot of people will underprice their item to get you to buy and then make the profit by charging you an arm and a leg for shipping. When I sell my bows on etsy, I always make the shipping to add up to $10 which is what I normally charge people in person. It only costs me $2 to ship in the US so I'm not losing out on too much profit and I'd rather not overprice my bows just to make a quick killing.. it's more of a hobby for me.

Just checked out her Ribbon Smart website, that fabric is ridiculously overpriced compared to what I pay per yard at Hancock Fabric.

On ebay and amazon I've found that alot of people will underprice their item to get you to buy and then make the profit by charging you an arm and a leg for shipping. When I sell my bows on etsy, I always make the shipping to add up to $10 which is what I normally charge people in person. It only costs me $2 to ship in the US so I'm not losing out on too much profit and I'd rather not overprice my bows just to make a quick killing.. it's more of a hobby for me.
Whats your etsy? :)

International shipping depends on how you mail it (in a envelope, padded envelope, box etc). My husband is from Germany so we send care packages over once in a while - but we like to wait until we have a lot of stuff.

It drove me nuts while I was living in Germany to search Ebay for Nike Pros and GK shorts for cheap but then the person/company to want $25+ in shipping to Germany. I mean, really?! Throw it in an envelope and charge me $5-10.

I used to use the Flat Rates, but they've only gotten tinier for an even higher cost :( Last time I did a pretty big box (I think 18 x 15 x 20in?) and it was about $70 to ship to Germany.

I also send a birthday gift to a friend of mine in Germany...I sent her a top from Hollister and a Nike Pro short in large envelope. Cost me about $5.00 regular mail.

I also do bows and partner with a friend in Germany so we can access a broader audience...we're still working out our official name though, haha. So if anyone is interested!

Back