All-Star No Tolerance For Underage Drinking At Worlds?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

im throwing in the flag all of you win idc its in the past this isnt going to stop the under age drinking!

Of course it's not going to! It's never going to end, but this thread is about controlling it at Worlds, in Disney World. Not in someone's parent's basement.

I don't buy the whole not knowing the laws in another country thing. It's just that they weren't followed. If you don't know them you better learn them... anyone ever heard of the show called Locked up Abroad? Just saying.

Believe it or not, I'm actually for lowering the drinking age to 18, THAT BEING SAID..A lot of it would require parents raising their kids in a way similar to how my parents raised me. I'm half Italian. Wine is a common thing. When I was 2, I asked my dad for a sip of his beer. Two seconds later I was spitting it out and running for the nearest juice box. Basically, my parents always said: Look, alcohol exists. When consumed properly and in moderation, it is not a bad thing. Yet when consumed in excess, this is what happens. I think it also 'helped' (as sad as I am to say it) that I knew alcoholics, and could see firsthand what an excess does to someone. Trust me, that point isn't pretty. But, what happened? My sister RARELY drinks (a good second part of that had to do with her being the RA who had to clean up after the drunk freshmen..NOT. FUN. according to her)..and then we have my brother.

This past summer, my 15 year old brother (along with some of his 16-18 year old friends) decided to have a party in a tent in my backyard, and they drank. Guess what? THESE KIDS DIDN'T KNOW WHAT PROOF MEANT!!!! Never mind that, they have no concept of pacing themselves. They're downing hard liquor barely mixed with anything. I wake up the next morning to a furious Momma: They all got SO SICK from their stupidity that the ones who drank ended up puking half the night and the ones who didn't were so annoyed by them that they left. She clearly found out once she saw the disaster and realized somebody left the next morning (and she didn't know why). She let my brother sleep a bit, then forced him to get up and clean up the entire mess himself. She then called all the kids over and said: 'Look. I'M not going to tell your parents. It is, however, YOUR responsibility to do so and let them know that you screwed up.' Lo and behold, every parent ended calling up my mom because their kids all confessed. Moral of the story: Alcohol is tolerable. Stupid behavior isn't.

No, it wasnt a joke it was a serious question.. and the year is 2011 incase you forgot since you asked.
well where sthe nearest liqour store to the disney park?
And also, they have a section in the shops next to the lobby where they have alcohol stocked up behind the counter. They also have wine coolers in the freezers along with beer. So basically if you have a fake ID you can get alcohol at the resorts. And trust me....the workers at disney do NOT look very closely at the fake ID's that people were giving them.

Just for reference....Not only is the legal age for drinking age lower in Canada, but their alcohol percentage is quite a bit higher too. They tend to refer to our beer as "water"...so those drunk Canadians must have had quite a bit to drink..:eek:

Are there lots of teams that the parents don't accompany their child to Worlds? I'm sure there are some, but all the parents I have talked to were there. I'm a firm believer that anything that happens ON the mat is the coach/gym's responsibility. If it happens OFF the mat, it's for me and my husband to deal with.
My cp's gym is responsible for nothing outside of cheer. I would never expect my child's behavior to be monitored by anyone but us.
If she decides to act a fool and drink one day, that's my failure as a parent, not Coach so-and-so's because he didn't check to make sure she was tucked in at midnight. Newsflash: I was the queen of sneaking out of windows to party. Bed-checks solve nothing.

When I went to Disney with my high school chior the way they made sure that we didn't leave the room is they put tape on the door and had someone monitor the rooms. If the tape is torn or out of place you know that someone left the room. Sneak out can happen, but with monitoring all night it can be limited. We had someone break the rules and that person's parent had to buy a plane ticket and their child was sent home and they were not refunded the price of the trip.

While parents are usually in Orlando for Worlds, many athletes are under supervision by their gyms since lodging and transportation are covered by bids.

my coach has never let anyone from our gym ever go to the block party because she says that she doesnt want anyone being in the wrong place at the wrong time or getting caught up in something she wouldnt be proud of. i think if you have made it to worlds, you should have the self discipline to not break a federal law. what is worse is i have heard of some of the younger coaches at gyms giving their girls alcohol.

Teenagers are teenagers I guess. I'm sure their mommies and daddies tell them not to drink at home and they do it anyway, so what would stop them from doing it when they're away from home, away from parents and coaches, with their friends, and just finished the most stressful weekend of their lives?
NOT defending this in any way, shape, or form- I think getting yourself drunk especially in public like that is disgusting- but sadly there isn't much that can be done to stop it.

I don't think people believe it can be stopped, but the situation needs to be Policed by Disney an the USASF better. I know that it is hard, but hopefully by next worlds something can be done to help the process more effective. I think in order to get into the parks all bags and cups need checked. It is pretty easy to smell a cup and tell if there is some booze in it. If people are seen to be publically intoxicated the USASF and Disney can handle that person.

Back