All-Star Nothing Like Bring It On

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

it is even worse been English! Bring it on and American films are the only frames of reference 99% of people have. I have never spoken to anyone not on my team that knows one other cheerleader!

Oh and we must not forget the allstar bracelet. We don't get rings here but even I laughed at that one.

how is a team close to becoming allstars? your a high school team or an allstar team, theres not something you accomplish that grants you all star status..
I hate that one the most! At least with the rest of them, they were just high school/college teams, trying to be good, but that 5th one, really bugged me. How do you make a team allstars? I'm pretty sure all you need to do is go to the nearest gym, tryout and they will put you on a team according to your skills...

I think the girl with dark hair from MIOBI should be in a Bring it On because she was actually a Top Gun cheerleader and has some skills.
It would be amazing to see a Worlds worthy routine aka a well executed one with the RIGHT counts and clean, sharp movements.

I can completely relate! Whenever I tell anyone I am a cheerleader, it is always brought right to the Brint It On series, which we all know it extremely unrealalistic. Although a lot of what goes on in the movies doesn't in real life, it's still a great movie for all us cheerleaders to relate to.

But still... like seriously? Has anyone realized the completely mocking events of the real cheerleading world in these movies?

-the "bracelets" instead of rings.... ?
-the "jaguars" symbolizing top gun...

seriously?

and where's the coaches? do none of these teams have coaches? only captains?

i refuse to watch any of the bring it on movies, other than the first.
sad thing, my ex had seen them all.
but he complained like no other about watching me cheer......

the first time i saw those movies was before i started all star cheer, so i think its fun to watch them now to see how differently i think of the movie. i also cannot watch the movie without thinking about the legalitys and such
:)

I hate it when people hear im a cheerleader they inmediatly say "omg like dancing with those pompons" (but they even say it wrong, they say "pompoens", which means "pumpkin" where I live) and to make it all worse they start doing the most ridiculous cheer you can imagine (it goes something like "hey hey give me an A, hey hey give me a B...go teaaaam!")
than I say its not like that, that its a sport and we do stunting and tumbling. their answer: "you mean like in that movie?? where those white and black girls steal echothers routine?"
me: no its different in reality though.
they: ooh, show something!!
me: its a teamsport?
they: yeah ok but just show something.
me: i cant, i need my team to do stunts.
they: oh ok, just tell me what to do than.

like its that easy!!!!!

love,
a frustrated belgian cheerleader

I spent the weekend watching the movies also...it is like a guilty pleasure that you do not want to admit! :D

Back