All-Star Nutrition Advice For Cheerleaders?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yogourt is a very good choice before practice, and so are fruits! You should be good!

I think people forget how important post workout/practice nutrition is. I know a lot of open teams practice late (until 1030 or 11pm) and then think they shouldn't eat right before bed. Thats bad info.

Eating a healthy balanced meal (protein, grain, veggie) post practice can help with muscle recovery and help you be less sore. There's the "window of opportunity" post workout - since your muscles are depleted, they are primed to accept nutrients. Eating within 2 hours is ideal because it helps replace the energy stores.

Thats the simplistic version. I've had teams switch for 1 week with no fast food and no carbonated drinks. All of them felt better and performed better. Your body really does reflect what you eat, more than just aesthetically!

True. I think he meant that's what is possible and that you can enjoy life once in a while. I know there's like, zero chance I'll eat clean 100% of the time.

And agreed @dawgshow gotta have my Dippin Dots :rolleyes:

I get what you mean, but I don't think any coach wants to deal with kid that just ate a chocolate bar before a practice. Those sugar rushes are not to play with haha. Eat all the chocolate you want but please, not before practice :p

Dippin' Dots are perfectly acceptable, though :p
The scent of Dippin' Dots and grease will forever be imprinted in my brain as "the" smell of cheerleading comps (with a little Aqua Net thrown in there.) Seriously, I could be an 80 year old grandma, and if someone bottled that stench and passed it under my nose....I would immediately be transported back to my cheer mom days, wandering through venues wearing cp's sparkly Infinity backpack and carefully carrying her curling wand in my hand because it was too hot to stick in bag. ;)

I'm more disturbed by consumption of caffeinated and chemical based Energy Drinks. And using them to make up for a poor diet

LOL @Cheerfun2 you had me rolling!

I'm more disturbed by consumption of caffeinated and chemical based Energy Drinks. And using them to make up for a poor diet

So true! By the way that strawberry with greek yogurt recipe was AMAZING, and the suggested timing was so on point (though I think I had a little more than allowed lol). Now I'm definitely excited for this book to ship :D

Latest posts

Back