Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

for Face-Offs were there many hit routines? Also anyone know if scores will be posted online since they only announced the top 6 (i think?) teams

That's a lot of money (especially for a guaranteed win basically for one team). Maybe do a champions league thing where the judges choose the favourite (senior elite was grand champs but not high overall score)

That's what I was thinking too make it so one team can't win multiple categories. Like how F5 won level champ but senior elite won overall grand champ for champs league.

First year for the event though so I'm sure it will be a bit different next year.

Last edited:
So like who else is going to have the biggest cheer hangover from nationals tomorrow

I'm so exhausted!! It was so loud! Sirens, cheerleaders, and crappy mattresses - I slept terribly both nights. Fun weekend though! CP's teams both had great Day 2 runs... one team came in 2nd and other team came in last but they had a great run even though they didn't place well.

for Face-Offs were there many hit routines? Also anyone know if scores will be posted online since they only announced the top 6 (i think?) teams
I'd love to see the scores posted online but so far nothing. For next year I'd like to see the Face-Off included in admission to Nationals, or at least a very small ticket charge of $5 or something. I'd also like to see the criteria laid out ahead of time. Also, I understand there was a coaches panel discussion/Q&A type thing - which I would have been interested in but I didn't know it was happening.

Overall impression of Nationals? Here are mine:

- Hated the hotel booking system, although our hotel (Sheraton) was fine.
- Was pleasantly surprised at the fact that there was no lineup for tickets on Friday afternoon.
- Loved the blankets. Always a good choice for a giveaway.
- The awards ceremony we were at was fun, exciting, and well-organized.
- Liked the healthy food options at the snack bar.
- Don't like the way athlete wristbands are handed out. If my child doesn't compete until late Friday, but we arrive Friday at noon, I want her to be able to see the show. We've paid, after all! I didn't like that she couldn't get in until the coaches handed out wristbands later in the day.
- Liked that results were posted quickly on the Nationals web site.

Here's another idea for future Nationals: hold parent clinics on things like scoring, hold "meet team Canada" events.

Overall impression of Nationals? Here are mine:

- Hated the hotel booking system, although our hotel (Sheraton) was fine.
- Was pleasantly surprised at the fact that there was no lineup for tickets on Friday afternoon.
- Loved the blankets. Always a good choice for a giveaway.
- The awards ceremony we were at was fun, exciting, and well-organized.
- Liked the healthy food options at the snack bar.
- Don't like the way athlete wristbands are handed out. If my child doesn't compete until late Friday, but we arrive Friday at noon, I want her to be able to see the show. We've paid, after all! I didn't like that she couldn't get in until the coaches handed out wristbands later in the day.
- Liked that results were posted quickly on the Nationals web site.
Nice summary. The event planner in me was frustrated. Any event is about proper planning, clear communication, and NEVER assuming people will figure things out.

I'd also add:

- the blankets are a nice idea but they were done last year. Now we have 3 blankets (1 from 2014 and 2 from this year because she crossed over).

- Hated having the 1 run teams compete on the Sunday. We missed out on the Face Off on Friday night and seeing the Level 5 & 6 teams on Saturday night. Even though we have early report times our tradition has been to go back at night to watch the level 5 and 6 teams. CP was disappointed to miss out. There was no way we were staying late on Sunday night to watch when we had to drive back home when our awards times were 10:40am and 11:20am. Because we had to check out of our hotel room it's not like we could go back and rest before heading back at night.

- I was also fine with paying the extra for the Face Off, but I'm not about to buy a bracelet for CP because her coach wasn't around to hand out the bracelets until they competed on Sunday. Besides, why would I stay 2 nights when we're only doing 1 run on Sunday. So many teams cancelled their Friday night booking and only went Sunday. They actually ended up losing revenue because of the switch from Saturday to Sunday.

- the hotel booking system was horrible. You had to book through them by early November but you couldn't cancel through the same system, and the prices were way over what we could get on our own. I also found it ironic that they expected us to book our hotel rooms so far in advance but we didn't know the schedule yet of what days the different divisions were performing. We weren't expecting times but it helps to know what days we need to book instead of expecting us to book an entire weekend if we only need 1 night. I'm sure the hotels were frustrated too with the cancellations from all of the Tiny & Mini teams who had 1 run.

- Poor signage!!!!! What signage they did have was too low that if there was crowd standing in front of them you couldn't see them. Signage needed to be high up and visible. Awards were in the Theatre but you had to take the escalator to the 2nd floor and enter there and on the main floor was the exit. On the map that was on their website there was no mention that you had to take the escalator to enter the Theatre. Last year you just entered from the main floor (it was used instead of Hall C). We went past the sign for awards (near the escalator) and got stuck in the crowd by the Theatre only to find out you had to go back through the mob and take the escalator. It was like swimming up stream!!!! The only thing you could see for the Awards sign was the words Awards sticking out from the top because of the crowds. It looked more like the area where the results were posted then actually indicating this was where you had to go for Awards.

- Along the lines with poor signage, they need better signs to indicate where things are. We ordered our tickets in advance and didn't get a program or anything. So if you didn't study the map on their website you were out of luck and had to wing it.

Apparently there were no programs because of a problem at the printer. So that was a pain.

Apparently there were no programs because of a problem at the printer. So that was a pain.
It was a huge pain! That's also a lame excuse for them to try to use. There are ALWAYS print houses who vie for business and would love to do a last minute rush and try to earn the business for next year. It's how the print industry works. I can't count how often I've produced an event and needed a rush print job due to some reason or another. You always have a back up plan just incase something happens (i.e. print press goes down, paper shortage, sick employees, etc).

Back