One Legged Stunt Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 18, 2015
I have been seeing younger teams around the same age as mine do a kneeling stunt with a base, bs, flyer, and bracer. The bracer assists the flyer in holding her arabesque or heel stretch or both if they do both. My question is this...wouldn't that count as a pyramid since there is a bracer or am I not understanding the level 1 rules accurately?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I have been seeing younger teams around the same age as mine do a kneeling stunt with a base, bs, flyer, and bracer. The bracer assists the flyer in holding her arabesque or heel stretch or both if they do both. My question is this...wouldn't that count as a pyramid since there is a bracer or am I not understanding the level 1 rules accurately?

Is the bracer behind them with their hands on the top girls waist lifting up? I think you might be confusing this position with the backspot for this stunt. Would you be able to post a video in case I'm reading this wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can put a you tube link but no this girl is on the side holding the heel. And no the backspot is the one holding her waist. This one was kneeling then popped up when they hit the stunt then was part of stunt again when they changed to needle

So I did review the video again and slowed it down, it looks like what the BS does, is once they hit the stunt on the arab and scorp she steps out a bit and grabs the flyer's ankle. Then steps back to assist the dismount. I was asking about it because I have 12 girls that I have trained in 3 groups. I want to do this stunt in my routine but that leaves me with 3 girls with nothing to do. I suppose I could have them hit a TT and TRY to get it timed to hit when the stunt hits but I may be pushing it with that. SO if I wanted to use them as a bracer would that turn the stunt into a pyramid?

So I did review the video again and slowed it down, it looks like what the BS does, is once they hit the stunt on the arab and scorp she steps out a bit and grabs the flyer's ankle. Then steps back to assist the dismount. I was asking about it because I have 12 girls that I have trained in 3 groups. I want to do this stunt in my routine but that leaves me with 3 girls with nothing to do. I suppose I could have them hit a TT and TRY to get it timed to hit when the stunt hits but I may be pushing it with that. SO if I wanted to use them as a bracer would that turn the stunt into a pyramid?
Yes, it would make it a pyramid. Have the extra kids do a front walkover, cartwheel or forward roll next to/toward/away from the stunt and choreograph movements to their next position.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I think I can have the extra doing something else. I actually have someone who kindly offered to help with choreography! So grateful I found this board!!

Back