College One Thing I Noticed About The University Of Memphis Cheerleading Squad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last year was my 1st year going to NCA College nationals. At the time I was 30 and there were people in uniform that were every bit as old as I was. Most from very elite programs.
I'm sure everyone already knew that there were old timers that cheered. I think it's crazy, but the structure of cheerleading is you take the best of the best, period. It's one of the benefits of NOT being an NCAA sanctioned sport. I don't blame any program for using the talent that walks through the door.

I honestly had no idea that there were people on college squads that weren't full-time college students. My oldest is only a sophomore in high school so I haven't started any research yet. She wants to cheer in college so this is important information to have.

I honestly had no idea that there were people on college squads that weren't full-time college students. My oldest is only a sophomore in high school so I haven't started any research yet. She wants to cheer in college so this is important information to have.
Plenty of people take 1 or 2 classes just to cheer. Can't say I think it's right, but it's the truth.

Back