All-Star Only Front Tumbling?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
Do you have to throw back tumbling in order to move up levels in all star cheer?

We have a girl at our gym that has a great attitude, works very hard, and is very talented. She has excellent jumps, is a beast at side spotting, and gorgeous front tumbling. Unfortunately she has a serious mental block when it comes to back tumbling. If her metal block never turns around is it realistic for her to continue in all star cheer & move up levels and throw all front tumbling. She has a front walk over, front handspring, and a front punch. Since she is so powerful, I am sure she could learn a front lay out and beyond with just a little work.

The first tumbler on CEA SSX threw a beautiful front handspring front double (or at least thats what I think it was...). I LOVED watching it. Definitely something you don't see in every performance, and it definitely showed a lot of skill from her. I think its cool to throw some passes that you wont see coming from every other team too :)

The first tumbler on CEA SSX threw a beautiful front handspring front double (or at least thats what I think it was...). I LOVED watching it. Definitely something you don't see in every performance, and it definitely showed a lot of skill from her. I think its cool to throw some passes that you wont see coming from every other team too :)

I wasn't sure. Thanks for the positive feedback. I am going to share it with her! :)

I'm pretty sure it was a rudi (front 1.5) but still amazing! She's great and so nice!

this reminds me of a girl i know :)
*this isnt going to be helpful! but why wouldn't she be able to progress!? is it a must that it has too be 3 to tuck can it be 3 too front tuck and everything else front? just curios.

As long as she is doing level appropriate skills. If you can find level 5 or 6 forward tumbling and she can do it, then tachnically she has "level 5 skills"

There is a girl EXACTLY like this on my team. She can do a triple toe front tuck, but rarely will throw her standing backhandspring. She can do a fronthandspring front layout but will only throw a roundoff backhandspring if she absolutely has to. She's an incredible flyer and has the most beautiful jumps on the team. She is improving, it's just harder to incorporate her into the routines, so alot of the time she ends up being front and center with special choreography because of her back tumbling mental block. Sometimes it is really unfair.

there was a girl on my team a few years ago. she had a front full, and for our level 4 routines she would throw a front hand- front punch-front punch.

one day, she just got on the tumbltrak and did a roundoff hand full, we were all like, where the heck did that come from???

I think there was a girl on Brandon j4 that only threw front tumbling, but I'm not sure.

I was in this same posititon and JUST got all my back tumbling back. I was working front fulls and was pretty good in flying and other things. I was on a level 4 team and just moved up to level 5. During tryouts this season, I really didn't have a lot of my back tumbling back yet. Now I am doing great on our level 5 team and am doing front tumbling to fulls. Even if I did not get any of my back tumbling back, I think at some point I would have eventually moved up. I think the girl should continue to work hard and do all-star cheerleading.

Back