All-Star Only Seniors Can Expose Midriff???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I personally have never seen a uniform that was "too short". I have seen many that I would not design but since that is not my gym or my athletes it is none of my concern....too many people in others business....IMO
A noble post but even the most NON-judgemental person in the world can't help seeing the girl who is standing on the floor arms down before the routine even starts with her booty popping out of her teeny tiny skirt. Having said that, I have a daughter who has grown about 5 inches in 1 and a half years, luckily her skirt is still respectable but I would have thrown a pair of GK spandex cheer shorts on before paying for a new skirt that was going to be replaced the very next season....just sayin' ;)

I personally have never seen a uniform that was "too short". I have seen many that I would not design but since that is not my gym or my athletes it is none of my concern....too many people in others business....IMO

Here is an example of a crop top that is most definitely too short - notice the white sports bra peeking out. :oops: This is just one example from this particular team (I have erased the team logo to protect the innocent). All of the cheerleaders from this gym have to wear sports bras underneath their uniforms.
riypmw.jpg

Here is an example of a crop top that is most definitely too short - notice the white sports bra peeking out. :oops: This is just one example from this particular team (I have erased the team logo to protect the innocent). All of the cheerleaders from this gym have to wear sports bras underneath their uniforms.
riypmw.jpg

I am sure that right after that the athlete adjusted the top to its proper fit....
Again I have one grip about this "image" nonsense and that is simply why do you feel it is your right to dictate to others what should be decided by consumer choice?? If you want a full top then you will seek out the gym that provides that option for you. If you want a certain style of coaching, choreography, winning percentage, whatever you as the consumer choose what is best for your particular wants and needs. This is not a decision to be made by you for others and it is silly for individuals and the USASF to be in the buisness of limiting our industry....
OH wait that is what they are doing:banghead:

I am sure that right after that the athlete adjusted the top to its proper fit....
Again I have one grip about this "image" nonsense and that is simply why do you feel it is your right to dictate to others what should be decided by consumer choice?? If you want a full top then you will seek out the gym that provides that option for you. If you want a certain style of coaching, choreography, winning percentage, whatever you as the consumer choose what is best for your particular wants and needs. This is not a decision to be made by you for others and it is silly for individuals and the USASF to be in the buisness of limiting our industry....
I agree...well said.

Just wanted to clarify my position on this topic... I am not in favor of USASF telling any gym what they can and cannot wear. I was just replying to your post that you had never seen a crop top that was too short. This particular crop top was the fault of the Varsity rep who obviously didn't size the tops correctly since most of them were cut too short.

Just wanted to clarify my position on this topic... I am not in favor of USASF telling any gym what they can and cannot wear. I was just replying to your post that you had never seen a crop top that was too short. This particular crop top was the fault of the Varsity rep who obviously didn't size the tops correctly since most of them were cut too short.
I understood your post for what it was...an example not a judgement.

So if a team of minis went out topless that would be fine with you? Or had pasties? Or a bikini top? Or if they ripped off part of their uniform mid comp that would be fine.... because you choose to put your child there and that means costumer choice makes it right. What is the minimum going to be? Because as crop tops and mini bottoms have taken off the size of them has gotten ridiculous. Dressing little girls provocatively and having them do suggestive dancing is wrong. I am not saying all crop tops are bad but there seems to be no limit with some teams and with adults wearing them yes consumer choice makes sense but in an "industry" or sport involving children there needs to be rules. These are children in a sport ... a sports governing body has every right to set standard rules of a uniform. You call it limiting I call it legitimizing - and protecting kids from adults who clearly have no boundaries or limitations.

So if a team of minis went out topless that would be fine with you? Or had pasties? Or a bikini top? Or if they ripped off part of their uniform mid comp that would be fine.... because you choose to put your child there and that means costumer choice makes it right. What is the minimum going to be? Because as crop tops and mini bottoms have taken off the size of them has gotten ridiculous. Dressing little girls provocatively and having them do suggestive dancing is wrong. I am not saying all crop tops are bad but there seems to be no limit with some teams and with adults wearing them yes consumer choice makes sense but in an "industry" or sport involving children there needs to be rules. These are children in a sport ... a sports governing body has every right to set standard rules of a uniform. You call it limiting I call it legitimizing - and protecting kids from adults who clearly have no boundaries or limitations.

I guess no one remembers the Fierce level 1-4 uniform they got this season and how the little girls were barely covered. I think some of the swim suit those girls would have wore covered more then their uniforms.

I guess no one remembers the Fierce level 1-4 uniform they got this season and how the little girls were barely covered. I think some of the swim suit those girls would have wore covered more then their uniforms.
Fierce's uniforms in general are an example of crop tops gone too far. I just don't understand why people think 'Less is more' with uniforms.

How did you get that from what I said???
We do not, as an industry, dress children provocatively. Your alarmist argument is the reason we are in the situation we are in.

How does a full top legitimize us?? And who are you seeking to legitimize us to???

Amen!

We do not, as an industry, dress children provocatively. Your alarmist argument is the reason we are in the situation we are in.

How does a full top legitimize us?? And who are you seeking to legitimize us to???

You don't think that as an industry that some gyms dress the children provocatively? Really? Have we seen the same uniforms the past few season? You are from the west coast so I know you have seen the Fierce levels 1-4 uniforms. You don't think a top the length of a palm is provoative and revealing? You don't think Cheer Savvanah's french maid uniforms were provocative? How often do you see a french maid outfit that isn't meant to be provocative? I have met a maid, they don't wear those outfits to clean.

Trust me I understand that you believe gym owners should have the right to choose what they wear, and I respect that. BUT saying that people in this industry don't dress children too sexy or too revealing is a stretch.

I kind of agree with this...some are not all. Not everyone is putting their teams in skimpy uniforms....in fact the majority are in good taste. A well placed deduction for wardrobe malfunction/bra showing or whatever will have gym owners scrambling to get rid of the inppropriate. The whole sweeping statement bothers me both ways. A proclamation saying now all jr and youth teams MUST wear full tops is just as bad as the crazy gym that has their kids in bikini tops. Most gyms manage to find the middle just fine with out any law being passed. Having said that the whole uniform thing is the least of the issues I have with the new "rules".

I actually think that half tops look more athletic then full tops, if made appropriately. I think it's the crazy cut outs that made some uniforms look too provocative, that and that some teams have made their skirts too low cut which contributes to a more revealing look. If the skirt sits below the belly button and the top comes to a decent length it doesn't look bad. I know there are quite a few teams in our area that have itty bitty uniforms so I do know what it is they are trying to avoid but I don't think they have to ban all half tops to fix it. Just set standards- skirts below belly button, not on hips, top so many inches below breasts. My dd is 9 and wears a half top that I have no issues with although I would not put her in some other gyms half top uniforms. If the tops were long sleeve and either round neck or v neck with no cut outs i think it would definitely look more sporty. Also I feel cheer is as much about stage performance as it is athleticism so I don't think they should take the stage makeup away. No other sports do not wear makeup but they also do not perform on a stage do they?

You don't think that as an industry that some gyms dress the children provocatively? Really? Have we seen the same uniforms the past few season? You are from the west coast so I know you have seen the Fierce levels 1-4 uniforms. You don't think a top the length of a palm is provoative and revealing? You don't think Cheer Savvanah's french maid uniforms were provocative? How often do you see a french maid outfit that isn't meant to be provocative? I have met a maid, they don't wear those outfits to clean.

Trust me I understand that you believe gym owners should have the right to choose what they wear, and I respect that. BUT saying that people in this industry don't dress children too sexy or too revealing is a stretch.

What does it matter that I am from the West Coast?? I am also 39 and father of three I have been married for 18 years and I am a born again Christian....
The fact still remains the USASF has gone beyond its stated role and now is infringing on my business. What if my clientele does not like full tops and know through this regulation my business suffers?? They have no mandate to regulate uniforms other then safety and it is IMO more conducive to our sport to have a crop style or more form fitting uniform.

Latest posts

Back