All-Star Only Seniors Can Expose Midriff???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's funny that in one breath people complain about this, and in another people are complaining about how nobody takes us seriously (which is usually an indication that we actually DO care about how others see us- this is NORMAL. It's part of human life and survival). Overall impressions are a part of life. If I go into a job interview in sweats and a cutoff tee, chances are I won't get the job.

What about a crop top?

ETA: just saw that you said cutoff tee so nvmd

Overall impressions are a part of life. If I go into a job interview in sweats and a cutoff tee, chances are I won't get the job.

Incorrect analogy IMO but yes overall impression is a part of life but it should never ever be the measure by which you make sweeping changes or live decisons. As the most amazing coach ever once wrote....
"be more concerned with CHARACTER then REPUTATION"
~John R Wooden~
And I believe the character of the gym owners in All-Star cheerleading is strong and can and HAS weathered the storms of public perception with class and diginity....

The reason why they MUST have this rule:

**Just no
Wow! Talk about a serious wardrobe malfunction! For those who can't see the picture of the child, she is probably about 6, maybe 7. Her skirt is really short (but I've seen shorter at a South Florida comp.), but the biggest problem is with her top. It is EXTREMELY ill-fitting. It's a totally off-the shoulder design, which would be cute in a regular top, but as she is leaning over (sort of blowing a kiss) the neckline is puckering to the point that you can see completely down her top. Unfortunately, it's uniforms like this that has caused the problems.

Wow! Talk about a serious wardrobe malfunction! For those who can't see the picture of the child, she is probably about 6, maybe 7. Her skirt is really short (but I've seen shorter at a South Florida comp.), but the biggest problem is with her top. It is EXTREMELY ill-fitting. It's a totally off-the shoulder design, which would be cute in a regular top, but as she is leaning over (sort of blowing a kiss) the neckline is puckering to the point that you can see completely down her top. Unfortunately, it's uniforms like this that has caused the problems.

I can see it. I have to say, though, a cropped top is the least of that uniform's problems. It could be ankle length and I would still be shocked. "Completely down her top" doesn't begin to cover it, and yet I don't know how else you would describe it! And I can't get over the comments. I keep wanting to post "Are we looking at the same picture??? What is wrong with you people? I feel like I should be arrested for looking at this."

And I will say that unequivocally YES if I'd seen THAT particular picture before we started cheer, my kids would have never ever set foot inside an Allstar gym. So yes, uniforms are keeping people out of our sport - because each of those moms that commented on that photo made it show up in their Facebook feed by commenting, and I'm sure their non cheer friends who saw it are not running out to sign their daughters up for some topless Allstar cheerleading.

I can see it. I have to say, though, a cropped top is the least of that uniform's problems. It could be ankle length and I would still be shocked. "Completely down her top" doesn't begin to cover it, and yet I don't know how else you would describe it! And I can't get over the comments. I keep wanting to post "Are we looking at the same picture??? What is wrong with you people? I feel like I should be arrested for looking at this."

And I will say that unequivocally YES if I'd seen THAT particular picture before we started cheer, my kids would have never ever set foot inside an Allstar gym. So yes, uniforms are keeping people out of our sport - because each of those moms that commented on that photo made it show up in their Facebook feed by commenting, and I'm sure their non cheer friends who saw it are not running out to sign their daughters up for some topless Allstar cheerleading.
I know that if had we not changed gyms the year we did, I would have left our first gym once I saw their new uniforms for the upcoming season - booty shorts, crop top with long sleeves and shoulder cutouts that made the bottom half of the sleeves look like stripper gloves. I would have never paid a dime for that uniform nor allowed my cp to even try it on. And have no problem with crop tops - the cp has worn both crop and full and prefers crop - but there is tasteful and then there are uniforms like we saw in that Facebook photo and from my old gym.

I know that if had we not changed gyms the year we did, I would have left our first gym once I saw their new uniforms for the upcoming season - booty shorts, crop top with long sleeves and shoulder cutouts that made the bottom half of the sleeves look like stripper gloves. I would have never paid a dime for that uniform nor allowed my cp to even try it on. And have no problem with crop tops - the cp has worn both crop and full and prefers crop - but there is tasteful and then there are uniforms like we saw in that Facebook photo and from my old gym.

Yes, I have no problem with crop tops either - both my cp's wore them for years and I thought their uniforms were adorable.

For those of you who can see the Facebook photo, is there anyone on here that agrees that it is acceptable (except from the standpoint that I don't know her nor do my kids go to that gym - I understand that. I'm just asking from a curiosity view.) What am I missing? I would absolutely DIE if that was my child. She'slike 8 years old, bending over sort of blowing a kiss, and I CAN SEE DOWN HER TOP. COMPLETELY DOWN HER TOP. How is this ok - and worse, how are people commenting that it's "so cute!"??? And how on earth does blowing a kiss and bending over in that position constitute athletics or family atmosphere?

For those of you who don't think there needs to be guidelines and think gyms should be free to choose, how can you look at that picture and not think that hurts cheer's image and could possibly drive potential customers away? As I said, had I seen that picture beforehand, I would be like most of my friends and think cheer was nothing but craziness and trash. No way no how would I view it as a sport, athletic activity, or something I wanted my children or family involved in in any way.

Coach Troy since you've been the most vocal, I'll ask you directly. I get your answer of "So don't take your kids there" and believe me I never would in a million years. But that picture is on a public Facebook page that anyone can view, including my kids. It was taken at a competition that families were at. So how can you see that and say there shouldn't be any guidelines at all? How can you see that uniform (and that pose) and just say "So don't take your kids to that gym"? I don't take my kids to that gym, but I still had to look at it (because once I clicked on the link I can never unsee it, as much as I would like to). And I seriously am not lying when I say it creeped me out to the point I considered reporting it to Facebook.

I'm just curious to know how you can say that the USASF has no right to step in and say that at an event that they sanction they want a particular set of standards set? They're not saying that at your gym you can't have your kids practice in bikinis if you want. They're saying that at events that have the USASF logo on all the advertising, saying that they "approve" of the event, they'd like kids to have more of their bodies covered. I keep seeing you say "because we should have the right to choose" - but I'm asking why? You can't even choose how you dress at the grocery store. Why should you be able to choose how you dress at their event? I have read this whole thread and haven't seen you clearly answer that yet.

THERE. Was that a long, wordy enough post to fit in this thread?:p

Am I the only person who can click on the link but gets a content is unavailable message from facebook?

Yes, I have no problem with crop tops either - both my cp's wore them for years and I thought their uniforms were adorable.

For those of you who can see the Facebook photo, is there anyone on here that agrees that it is acceptable (except from the standpoint that I don't know her nor do my kids go to that gym - I understand that. I'm just asking from a curiosity view.) What am I missing? I would absolutely DIE if that was my child. She'slike 8 years old, bending over sort of blowing a kiss, and I CAN SEE DOWN HER TOP. COMPLETELY DOWN HER TOP. How is this ok - and worse, how are people commenting that it's "so cute!"??? And how on earth does blowing a kiss and bending over in that position constitute athletics or family atmosphere?

For those of you who don't think there needs to be guidelines and think gyms should be free to choose, how can you look at that picture and not think that hurts cheer's image and could possibly drive potential customers away? As I said, had I seen that picture beforehand, I would be like most of my friends and think cheer was nothing but craziness and trash. No way no how would I view it as a sport, athletic activity, or something I wanted my children or family involved in in any way.

Coach Troy since you've been the most vocal, I'll ask you directly. I get your answer of "So don't take your kids there" and believe me I never would in a million years. But that picture is on a public Facebook page that anyone can view, including my kids. It was taken at a competition that families were at. So how can you see that and say there shouldn't be any guidelines at all? How can you see that uniform (and that pose) and just say "So don't take your kids to that gym"? I don't take my kids to that gym, but I still had to look at it (because once I clicked on the link I can never unsee it, as much as I would like to). And I seriously am not lying when I say it creeped me out to the point I considered reporting it to Facebook.

I'm just curious to know how you can say that the USASF has no right to step in and say that at an event that they sanction they want a particular set of standards set? They're not saying that at your gym you can't have your kids practice in bikinis if you want. They're saying that at events that have the USASF logo on all the advertising, saying that they "approve" of the event, they'd like kids to have more of their bodies covered. I keep seeing you say "because we should have the right to choose" - but I'm asking why? You can't even choose how you dress at the grocery store. Why should you be able to choose how you dress at their event? I have read this whole thread and haven't seen you clearly answer that yet.

THERE. Was that a long, wordy enough post to fit in this thread?:p

I cannot see the picture but by the discriptions I don't think I want too.:(

Back