All-Star Only Seniors Can Expose Midriff???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But I also think it should be standard across the board, all or none. Having half of the teams in half tops and the other half of teams in full tops is silly. Either you want them covered or you don't.

I understand that you feel you should be able to make your own choices in what you wear, but any other sport has regulations and guidelines in place for what their athletes can and cannot wear. Sure they can be customized with their team name and colors but the majority of sports have a governing body telling them what they can and cannot wear.

Do they have much bigger issues to worry about? Most definitely!!! But they chose to tackle this one for whatever reason.

I see where you're coming from! But it doesn't change my opinion, I'm sorry! And, it's not my choice. My kids wear what we are told is the gym uniform. Just like everyone else does. And that's fine with me because I knew what I was getting into when I signed on the dotted line. But in my opinion SHE get's to decide....and nobody else. We will agree to disagree on this one. And that's ok!!! ;)

Yea, I've read a lot of opinions at this point and my conclusion still stands. This country is FULL of people who feel like certain things should be restricted, but often that jeopardizes the very liberties that our country prides itself on for our people.

Are some teams too much in my personal opinion? YES. Are some gyms' unis absolutely adorable in my personal opinion? YES. At the end of the day, they are my opinions though and I don't think someone's opinion should govern other people's free rights. The parents, gym owners, and athletes should have a final decision, END OF STORY. They are the ones wearing it, buying it, ordering it, being comfortable/uncomfortable in it.

I'm sure there are tons of people who think guys shouldn't be able to do drag or dress in tight clothes, or say girls shouldn't shave their hair off or wear super baggy clothing, but it's America and everyone SHOULD have that liberty. This sport included. I get everyone agreeing with full tops for minis/youth, but start that conversation at YOUR GYM and for YOUR ATHLETES if your opinion is that strong about it. Walk up to the coaches you think have gone too far with concern. But to regulate this on a large scale? Absolutely not.
i agree with your point of view on the uniform subject i think that it should be left at the discretion of the gym owners and the parents as a parent if my gym owner went too far with the uniform i would definetly voice my concerns i just dont think its right to tell people that they dont have a choice

Varsity's uniform division - the numbers must be tanking so they make a rule that would boost uniform sales. MONOPOLY people. It's been coming on for years.

Thankfully, Varsity isn't the only player out there. Our uniforms this year are beautiful and the fit is fantastic. Checkout Rebel Athletic unis and warm-ups at Rebel Athletic Cheerleading Apparel.

I think the tumbling and age issues are way more important for us to be worrying about...not what our kids will be wearing in 3 years.....
The tumbling and age changes effect us NOW, and are far more damaging to this industry than full top vs. half top. In fact, those I have talked to could care less about the appearance and image policy. They are far more concerned with the borderline gay bashing verbiage used and the fact that the age grid will probably shut down a number of small gyms in the area.

Thankfully, Varsity isn't the only player out there. Our uniforms this year are beautiful and the fit is fantastic. Checkout Rebel Athletic unis and warm-ups at Rebel Athletic Cheerleading Apparel.

I think people forget there is a NUMBER of amazing uni companies out there. How many people thought that CA's youth unis were varsity? They were actually made by Rebel. Stop giving Varsity money, it's actually fairly easy. Order your uni from Rebel, attend IEP comps, and refuse to buy their apparel if you do have to attend a Varsity event (NCA). If Spirit decided tomorrow that we would never attend a Varsity event again (NCA/ACA), it would be a knife to the heart because it is such a large part of our tradition as a gym but I want my cp to learn the larger lesson of not pandering to an organization that is trying to break the legs of the industry.

24kxdef.jpg

Just saw this on Facebook and thought it was appropriate for this thread lol
Entitled: "Cheer Extreme's new uniforms if USASF and Elaine get there way!!!"

I am pretty neutral on this, I don't see a big problem with it at all really. Many teams wear full tops and do just fine, look at college teams UK wears full tops and win national titles, Louisville has won national titles in full tops, SFA went to full tops last year.

I think that there definitely needed to be restrictions put on uniforms. Do I think it needed to be this? Not necessarily, but something did need to be done. There are far too many uniforms that are a malfunction waiting to happen. Many may not agree while some do agree that it has gotten to the point where a big majority of the uniforms out there cannot be wore with a normal bra and that is a big problem.

If not competing in a crop top is that big of a deal then well I don't really know what to say about that. Maybe ask Juliette or Olivia Rink if those rings they won mean any less to them because they won them wearing a full top uniform.

I am not so much worrying about All Star cheer becoming a "sport" because really what is that going to do? Little to nothing. Nascar is considered a sport but you don't see me being any more excited by it because of that. Work more at being able to be taken seriously because honestly some of the uniforms make it really hard to take what is on the mat seriously, yes I am looking at you Cheer Savannah.

I am pretty neutral on this, I don't see a big problem with it at all really. Many teams wear full tops and do just fine, look at college teams UK wears full tops and win national titles, Louisville has won national titles in full tops, SFA went to full tops last year.

I think that there definitely needed to be restrictions put on uniforms. Do I think it needed to be this? Not necessarily, but something did need to be done. There are far too many uniforms that are a malfunction waiting to happen. Many may not agree while some do agree that it has gotten to the point where a big majority of the uniforms out there cannot be wore with a normal bra and that is a big problem.

If not competing in a crop top is that big of a deal then well I don't really know what to say about that. Maybe ask Juliette or Olivia Rink if those rings they won mean any less to them because they won them wearing a full top uniform.

I am not so much worrying about All Star cheer becoming a "sport" because really what is that going to do? Little to nothing. Nascar is considered a sport but you don't see me being any more excited by it because of that. Work more at being able to be taken seriously because honestly some of the uniforms make it really hard to take what is on the mat seriously, yes I am looking at you Cheer Savannah.
I agree with everything you said. I already talked about earlier in this thread that I actually like this new rule. I think also with all the other changes, what we wear is at the absolute bottom of my list of concerns.

Okay I read further and I find this sort of funny. So no one has the right to tell people what they can wear but at the same time you want to be seen as a sport. Okay so how about you tell the NCAA that they can no longer regulate what college basketball and football players wear. If you want to be seen as a SPORT then you better be prepared to have someone tell you what you can and cannot do, that includes what you wear to participate in.
I am sure that the Kentucky and Louisville basketball teams would feel better playing Saturday in the Final Four without tshirts on because they would be cooler, but guess what they have to wear a uniform approved by the NCAA.
You can't have it both ways because it doesn't work like that. Gymnasts also have uniform regulations that they must follow. I am sure some of those athletes would love to wear some nike pros and a sports bra but guess what, they can't!

Because in the USA we have a little thing called freedom...
Full top Crop top that is the choice of the individual. And it was not rude it is rude to think that your opinion is the only RIGHT opinion.

In my opinion crop tops were not really the issue at all. Crop tops have been around forever but now it is becoming an issue because so many gyms are really pushing the limits on what is appropriate and too many girls at too young of an age are comfortable running around in practically nothing. I would also have to say that I think a lot of uniforms would be much more flattering and less revealing if they were fitted properly. Some gyms have beautiful uniforms but on one girl it will be baggy and on the next practically everything is visible. Proper fitting is what we really need :)

Because in the USA we have a little thing called freedom...
Full top Crop top that is the choice of the individual. And it was not rude it is rude to think that your opinion is the only RIGHT opinion.
So should college athletes be able to wear what they want because in the US we have freedom? Should Tebow be able to wear whatever he wants to play football in because he is a US citizen?
Are schools who have uniforms wrong because we have freedom in the US?

Back