Open Level 4/5/6 - Dc?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 7, 2015
I am looking to get involved with cheer again (I am over 18), specifically in the DC area. So far, the teams/gyms I have been able to find are:
Shockwave
Maryland Twisters -Lady Ts
All Star Legacy
Cheer Tyme Chantilly
and some others. Those open teams are Worlds teams as far as I understand. Does anyone know of any gyms in the area that are open to folks with less experience or perhaps aren't Worlds focused?

I went through the Open Team Registry, but the teams listed in MD and VA no longer exist.

Any advice or suggestions would be very helpful!

Last edited:
If you just want to tumble, Capital Gymnastics in Burke, VA has adult open gym on Thursday nights at 9pm. There aren't any other open cheer teams in the area that I know of, other than those you've listed (and I've looked).

I am looking to get involved with cheer again (I am over 18), specifically in the DC area. So far, the teams/gyms I have been able to find are:
Shockwave
Maryland Twisters -Lady Ts
All Star Legacy
Cheer Tyme Chantilly
and some others. Those open teams are Worlds teams as far as I understand, and I never was a prolific cheerleader. Does anyone know of any gyms in the area that are open to folks with less experience or perhaps aren't Worlds focused? I miss cheer a lot and want to get involved, but I am not and was not a Worlds level athlete.

I went through the Open Team Registry, but the teams listed in MD and VA no longer exist.

Any advice or suggestions would be very helpful!
I know Shockwave has an AMAZING level 6 team...they expo'd last year at aloha nationals and OMG they were awesome! They are more of an acro team. But something you may want to check out (even just on YouTube because OMG amazingness)!

Back