All-Star Opinions On Wearing Gym Clothes...?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 4, 2011
What are your opinions on wearing a gym's clothes like an all-star jacket, shirts, etc. after you're not with that program anymore?
The reason I ask is because I wore my old gym's all-star jacket that people only on the teams get to school one day randomly and after I did there was talk from some of my old team mates that were still at the gym that I shouldn't be allowed to wear it since I wasn't a part of the program anymore. I'm not cheering at all anymore and decided to take off my senior to focus on theatre, choir, school, and college. But I started doing all-star cheer at that gym when I was in 4th grade and last season was my last season so I have been at that gym for 7 years. I still wear my old practice clothes around and old team shirts. I would just like to have some other opinions on this.

I think it depends in the gym. Some gyms have a rule against wearing other gyms clothes and if they have that rule I think it should be respected. Some gyms don't have that rule and don't care. I've worked at both and I personally don't care unless I have an issue with another program ( if they have recruited my kids etc. ) then I just think it is rude. We don't have a rule against it but if I think it's rude I'll give. Them a hard time about it.

It would be different if you went to another gym wearing your old gym's clothes. As long as there is not a rule stating that you can't wear gym clothes outside the gym and the owners don't have a problem with it, you're fine. If I were you and my old teammates did that to me, I'd be sporting my old gym clothes to school every day. 7yrs and that's how they treat you?? It sounds like they're mad because you aren't cheering anymore. Just ignore them and keep a smile on your face.

I think it depends in the gym. Some gyms have a rule against wearing other gyms clothes and if they have that rule I think it should be respected. Some gyms don't have that rule and don't care. I've worked at both and I personally don't care unless I have an issue with another program ( if they have recruited my kids etc. ) then I just think it is rude. We don't have a rule against it but if I think it's rude I'll give. Them a hard time about it.
Oh, I'm not at a gym anymore, just wore my old gym's jacket to school. But you bring up another thing to think about.

I think there is a difference between wearing clothing - especially a warm up jacket - from a gym you belonged to for a long time when you're not cheering at all anymore as opposed to having changed to another gym and still wearing the old gym's clothing. My cp is now at her 4th gym and we have acquired much clothing over the years. While she wouldn't wear old gym stuff out in public or to new gym, she mixes and matches gym wear around the house all the time. IMHO you have every right to wear it if you want to.

Wearing things to the current gym is based on their rules.

But I still wear Kentucky Elite stuff from time to time. And I'll occasionally wear something from dozens of other gyms that I've bought or friends have sent. Anyone that doesn't like it can ...............

Wear your clothes. Old gym or not. They're YOUR clothes...
I totally agree with you. I can't imagine that a coach or owner that is no longer your coach should be able to dictate what you can and can't wear. Those girls giving you heat are either bitter because you are no longer cheering or have no life and need to find things to pick on, they are not worth your time.

I am at my second gym and I still wear clothes from my old gym. They are my clothes that I paid for so I don't think it would be right for them to say that you can't wear them. I understand the rules about not wanting you to make clothes with the gym's logo unless given permission, but you should be able to wear them whenever you choose to. I personally will not wear my old gym's clothes to my new gym, but I have worn them out in public. I didn't leave on bad terms, and I think they are still a good program so I have no problem with it.

My wears her old gyms warm up jacket and shirts etc all the time, in public, to school and to her new gym. No one says a thing. She still loves her old coaches and we left on good term so....

I wear Everything!!!!! I paid for it, but also, I still have Great relationships with all gyms that I have been at:) I love it and all of them!!!!! I still wear shirts from the early 90's!!!!! Yikes, that makes me sound Old, which I am not!!!! I have kept everything cheer shirts, jackets clothes, etc..... I love the stories that are attached to each one of them!!!!:fro:

I think to school is fine :) but at my gym when girls where other gyms' clothes (mostly just local competition, big name teams aren't a big deal) I find it really disrespectful.. Does anyone else find this kinda rude or is it just me?

Back