All-Star Opinions On Wearing Gym Clothes...?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CP, don't let a few people bother you. Girls can be mean an petty! I think you should wear whatever you like. I am glad your still proud to have been at CZ so long. We've missed you this year, but I know you've got your schedule full with theatre. Come see us sometime!

As an owner, I do love when people wear the CZ gear. We've been around 13 years and we have plenty of CZAS gear that has been passed down to siblings and friends. With this happening a lot of people wear gear that haven't ever been on a team. We do not have a policy against it at all.

Wear it! It's yours and you paid for it, especially if it's at school or something.

I will share this, because I find it so weird. The gym down the street requires you give back everything if you leave, meaning not only the uniform you bought, but warm ups, practice clothes, and jackets you've won. Things with your name on it, and things you've paid for. This blows my mind. Has anyone else heard of this??

Wear it! It's yours and you paid for it, especially if it's at school or something.

I will share this, because I find it so weird. The gym down the street requires you give back everything if you leave, meaning not only the uniform you bought, but warm ups, practice clothes, and jackets you've won. Things with your name on it, and things you've paid for. This blows my mind. Has anyone else heard of this??
And I'm sure they're just waiting for you at the door with all the money you spent on everything too, right? Do people actually comply with this? I think I'd laugh at them - in their faces - if they told me this was their policy.

I think that's crazy!! You paid and worked hard for all of those things and you deserve the items that you bought and paid for and for all that you have earned!! I think that you would have to come to my door for my CP's things and even then I would say,"Sorry, I don't have them!!"
At my CP's old gym, the owner used to say that their uniform belonged them (we paid for them) and she would call and badger you into giving it back, especially if they were short that year in supplying the used uniforms to those who needed them to cheer for the season without having to buy new ones. If you didn't, she would threaten you with a law suit to get it back, then recruit parents to drive around and go and pick up the uniforms of those that finally agreed to turn them back in. It was awful how they did this, especially for those who wanted to keep theirs as a keep sake for cheering there!!

I think that's crazy!! You paid and worked hard for all of those things and you deserve the items that you bought and paid for and for all that you have earned!! I think that you would have to come to my door for my CP's things and even then I would say,"Sorry, I don't have them!!"
At my CP's old gym, the owner used to say that their uniform belonged them (we paid for them) and she would call and badger you into giving it back, especially if they were short that year in supplying the used uniforms to those who needed them to cheer for the season without having to buy new ones. If you didn't, she would threaten you with a law suit to get it back, then recruit parents to drive around and go and pick up the uniforms of those that finally agreed to turn them back in. It was awful how they did this, especially for those who wanted to keep theirs as a keep sake for cheering there!!

But you PAID for it! I understand if you are in a rental agreement, but if you are buying the uniform in full, I simply don't get it at all. It's yours, and for the money you pay, you should keep it as long as you can.
A parent that came to us from that gym told them she cut it up into pieces for a scrapbook, and unless they wanted a piece from the corner, they weren't getting it back. She's feisty and I love it. Haha

But you PAID for it! I understand if you are in a rental agreement, but if you are buying the uniform in full, I simply don't get it at all. It's yours, and for the money you pay, you should keep it as long as you can.
A parent that came to us from that gym told them she cut it up into pieces for a scrapbook, and unless they wanted a piece from the corner, they weren't getting it back. She's feisty and I love it. Haha
I think - no I know I would burn in in their parking lot before I was told to give it back- MY money I will do with it as I please.

if that is your gyms policy.........RUN! RUN as fast as you can cause that is absolutley ubsurd!
What kinda gym would ask such nonsense?? You have officially blown my mind with that one coach tamara!

Let's just throw it out there-this gym blows my mind. Every story I hear I just shake my head and laugh...

CP, don't let a few people bother you. Girls can be mean an petty! I think you should wear whatever you like. I am glad your still proud to have been at CZ so long. We've missed you this year, but I know you've got your schedule full with theatre. Come see us sometime!

As an owner, I do love when people wear the CZ gear. We've been around 13 years and we have plenty of CZAS gear that has been passed down to siblings and friends. With this happening a lot of people wear gear that haven't ever been on a team. We do not have a policy against it at all.
Thanks for letting me know that. I actually wore the One Decade Strong sweatshirt today lol. I miss being on CZ this year as well! I think my mom and I are heading up to Indy for Super Nationals so we can see all the teams! Good luck this season!! :)

DOUBLE POST, my bad... :oops:
That sounds crazy, especially the part about where you have to return jackets from competitions...
Do you know if that gym only has that policy for people who leave the gym or quit or do they do that with seniors who have aged out as well?

Did you pay for it? If you did then its YOURS and you can wear it whenever and wherever you want. Tell the other girls to stick it!

Back