All-Star Orange's New Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry didn't read earlier post I wasn't harsh or anything. Not a stingray.

lol i didnt mean that you were a stingray just replaced tiger with stingray in an attempt to be clever ya know :)
"easy tiger".. "easy stingray" thought it was fitting considering it was a rays thread ;)

It's very different for them, I like the white girl they got to do Nicki's voiceovers - but most of the voiceovers sound cartoonish to me.
I like that the kept "Titanium" - hate that they added the song from California All Star's pyramid right after it.

Will be interested to see them get a little ghetto and step out of their cookie cutter high-schoolish UCA box.

and what exactly does all of that mean?

i appreciate that they're going with a new producer/sound but i still think the mix should embody the style of the team, especially one so well known as orange (IMO of course).

The mix definitely is a step away from their traditionalness - and like I said it will be interesting to see them get a little more edgy & hardcore then their normal style.

Don't read into it further then what I said, the words I chose were what I meant.

LOL Stingrays doesn't even resemble UCA in any fashion then having amazing stunt technique. I actually LOVE the fact that RAYS don't have to hairflip, "DIVA" that, "snap snap" every other 8 count like many teams. Yes that's trendy but its good to just see solid cheerleading. I hope RAYS aren't going away from their style that has won them so many championships.

Hey everyone, Patrick here. I usually don't post too much on here, but this seems to be a hot topic so I will put in my two cents. First of all, I want to thank my friends at Stingrays for giving me the chance to do this mix. I had a great time creating music for such an amazing group of girls. They are truly "one of a kind" As far as the "style" comments. I have a great amount of respect for Cory and I didn't want to do anything the created some sort of battle between us, so let's stay away from that. What Cory has done has always worked for Orange and that is why they have 5 Worlds banners to show. This year, they asked me to give them a different vibe. That's it. Trends, and styles change and so do people's tastes. Last year they fell a little short, and maybe they just wanted to shake things up a little. Other teams have done this in the past! Don't be too harsh! I think everyone should wait and reserve their judgements until AFTER they see the final product. I know I can't wait.

Thanks for all the kind comments! That is the true reason why I love my job! Stay Classy!

The mix definitely is a step away from their traditionalness - and like I said it will be interesting to see them get a little more edgy & hardcore then their normal style.

Don't read into it further then what I said, the words I chose were what I meant.

Who said anything about more edgy or hardcore? They got great new music, and that's all that this thread is about. As far as the rest of your comment, who said anything about stepping away from their traditional style? Who said they are going to be more edgy and hardcore? For that matter who said that team hasn't been hardcore for a long time? I can tell you from being in the gym that they are still, as they have been, very hardcore! The definition of that word, since I'm quite sure you don't know it, is "Unswirvingly commited; uncompromising; dedicated", that is a very appropriate adjective to describe this team, and the vast majority of the kids in our program. You don't have to hairflip shimmy shake and be a sloppy mess to be "hardcore", and since "ghetto" and all of it's possible meaning carry with it extremely negative connotations I'm not really sure why anyone would want to be that anyway... You use the term traditional like it's a bad thing, which I don't understand at all. Orange, and Stingrays in general, stands out through classic cleanliness, and execution, and will continue to do so. There is a reason fads go out of style but the classics stay forever

I'm still gonna miss their old music :(
Their music style was always so unique for them. But both mixes are really good so it's okay. :rays:

Unique? Orange's old style of music was outdated but it worked for them. They have always been a powerhouse to due to their incredible technique and skill execution but now they will also be entertaining as a whole. Welcome orange into the new millennium musically. You've always been top notch at everything else that's why you've dominated! I can't wait to see what the routine looks like to it. Way go to Roger! Awesome job Patrick!

Back