All-Star Original Cheerleading Uniform Feel

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 25, 2010
Don't some of you guys think alot of the new Allstar uniforms don't have the original cheerleading feel anymore? I mean, i think these days alot of the uniforms get too overloaded with rhinestones, neon and flashy fabrics. they don't look like cheerleading uniforms anymore. Like for example those white Top Gun uniforms. What do you guys think?

i think all aspects of the sport have evolved so much over the years from the music, to choreography, and skills being executed that uniforms would only natural evolve and grow with the sport as well. i think the very idea of traditional, original cheerleader is almost gone from the allstar world today.

I dont think cheerleading in general is "original" feeling at all anymore. Even highschool teams have evolved into flashier uniforms. There is actually a local team around here that still cheers football games in old varsity sweaters. Cheering isnt just supporting a team and dancing around anymore. As the sport evolves so do the uniforms to fit the fashion and physical needs.

Yea top gun would look silly in "traditional" unis IMO. My kids would look silly in tg unis tho! I love the new fabrics and creativity tho--it's all part of the entertainment factor besides being functional. I cheered when they offered something besides polyester!

im really not a big fan of top guns white uniforms with the socks and gloves and all of that. but i really like there black uniforms with the chocker around the neck that one is ccute
i really like these ones!
f136eb434a83429b9717d17907494cb3.jpg

i dont like this white uniform at all
topgun2010.png

I miss the traditional style uniforms... the ones that didn't look like gymnastics leos. But as people said... I guess as cheerleading changes, obviously the uniforms do too.
i.e: I loveeee Stingrays uniforms, there cute, but really clean and still look like a cheer uniform. & they look comfortable and great on the floor!

I miss the traditional style uniforms... the ones that didn't look like gymnastics leos. But as people said... I guess as cheerleading changes, obviously the uniforms do too.
i.e: I loveeee Stingrays uniforms, there cute, but really clean and still look like a cheer uniform. & they look comfortable and great on the floor!

yes those still look traditional, i really love the stingray uniforms too :) also world cup and ace still look somewhat traditional, i'm not saying it's all bad! :)

I much prefer the new styles personally! I hated the Polyester agony of old style cheer, specially for British guys (most of whom have only had the Lycra option for about two years) they were mad uncomfortable, didn't get on well with the washing machine, and rubbed raw a lot of areas we'd have preferred weren't touched at all ;)

Back