All-Star Panthers Division In 12-13

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What division should Panthers be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They would have more competition in large. Panthers pretty much blew everyone out of the water because they just have too much talent for Medium. I wasn't even interested in watching the rest of the division.
Theres's only 3 regular LS teams..and the only time they meet is at NCA and Worlds. That's not exactly a lot of competition.

I said medium before, but now I want them to go large. I mean, we need to shake things up in that division. I'm sure they could beat one of the "Big 3" to a globe.

Theres's only 3 regular LS teams..and the only time they meet is at NCA and Worlds. That's not exactly a lot of competition.
But when large teams go to a competition and they are the only large team, they compete against medium...at least that is how it was this last season with the team my daughter was on.

The main reason I want to see them large again is because those are the Panthers I fell in love with. I loved them in Small and Medium, and actually liked that they changed it up, but I miss seeing them Large. It just feels...right, you know? Plus going 3 for 3 would be something that only CA could do, just saying ;)

It's not exactly competition when you blow everyone out either... At least someone would be able to challenge them at NCA or Worlds if they went large.
Exactly!! That's why they should lose the large division altogether and it will always be a shoot out! Not just NCA and Worlds.

Okay, I understand that medium is where they have been the most successful considering this year, but IMO large would give them something greater to work towards. If you know you're the TEA in one division, wouldn't you want to accomplish more?

I know this will sound like woodlands' voiceover but this is what's on my mind.

"Small, Medium or Large, Panthers is in charge!"

Anything is possible, but I think Panthers being coed is highly unlikely.

Trivia: Spirit of Texas won Large Senior (2000) at NCA before Panthers ever did. Panthers (1997) won Small Coed (medium coed today) at NCA before Spirit ever did.
wow that's a very interesting trivia

Small division is way to easy for panthers! and large division is just where they belong
Small, easy? That division is far from easy! Granted, Panthers would be very competitive and have a chance of getting the gold, but I don't think battling Orange and Cali to get there would be easy.

It's not exactly competition when you blow everyone out either... At least someone would be able to challenge them at NCA or Worlds if they went large.

But with only 5 teams in large, there's no penalty for having a bad day or pressure to do well because there are far many teams to get thru. Look what happened to the Panthers at day 1 in worlds. They didn't hit their routine and had the scores actually counted for something other than placement, they wouldn't have even medaled. The more teams, the more competitors pushing each other for a perfect routine to win.

From the looks at this years worlds, large is a dead division unless there's an explosion of level 5 athletes across the land to expand the size of teams at these gyms. There aren't too many gyms like WC who can field 3 Large AG top 10 teams if they wanted to but I suppose competing against each other in competitions might defeat the purpose :D

This is no slight to the gyms that do field teams in the large division. But I'm still holding onto the hope that med is the new large. I think any gym moving a team to large is just going to be one more sign that large should continue survive.

Back