All-Star Panthers Not Cali?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
I don't get it... I watched the vod, and I simply do not see it. I love me some Panthers, don't get me wrong, but the difficulty wasn't near Cali's, and their execution was not as good. Panthers, I saw 2 bobbles, cali only one and it wasn't that bad. Panthers had someone tumble right off the mat, and I saw at least one incomplete double in running tumbling.

I mean, wtf am I missing? How is it possible that Cali came in 2nd yet again? I mean, I honestly don't know what else these girls have to do to win a Worlds title. Panthers were great, and I don't want to take away from it, but I really think Cali should have had this. I don't see a single category where Panthers could've outscored them.

1. Panthers Overall: 274.00 Building: 126.0333 Tumbling: 96.4333 Dance:52.0333
2. Cali Overall:273.700 Building:129.6333 Tumbling:88.800 Dance: 55.766
Here is a breakdown of the scores.

No, nope... still don't see it... synched tumbling, ok. But Cali had higher difficulty in tumbling everywhere- more jumps to back, i don't see how just having synched ro bs doubles could put panthers 8 points ahead in tumbling... and Cali's stunt scores should've been significantly higher as well

Love Cali. They worked it out! So wish I could have seen them with gold medals but oh well....I just wish their could have been a tie. I believe cas squad fulls saved them

No, nope... still don't see it... synched tumbling, ok. But Cali had higher difficulty in tumbling everywhere- more jumps to back, i don't see how just having synched ro bs doubles could put panthers 8 points ahead in tumbling... and Cali's stunt scores should've been significantly higher as well

the scoresheet is clear, panthers built their routine to the scoresheet. imo panthers were more entertaining.

oh and sync tumbling was its own category. thats like if panthers competed jumps and cali didnt.

Panthers were great, and I don't want to take away from it, but I really think Cali should have had this. I don't see a single category where Panthers could've outscored them.
But you are.

You have the VOD. You can get the scoresheet. Instead of posting, asking somebody to explain why Panthers won, how about you break it down explaining why Cali should have won since you're so convinced.

http://usasf.net/worlds/scoresheets/

Panthers KILLED on the synced tumbling. If Cali would've had some kind of section of the majority of the team tumbling, then it'd be a different story. Cali had the difficulty but Panthers had the scoresheet.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge Cali fan, it took me a bit to understand the loss which is why I went to the score sheet. And it WAS close. Both teams should be very proud.

I love Cali so much<3 they are my favorite team, but whatever happens is meant to be. Panthers won, and they deserved it. Maybe next year for cali:)

If you watch the VOD Worlds Update 3 Justin explains that it was the synch tumbling that won it for Cali. Not only did he say it but the scores don't lie. They may not make sense to everyone but it made since to the judges and that is who really matters since they are the ones awarding the prize.

Back