Parent Be A Parent

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm sorry but .... angry much?! You know the old saying, "if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen." There will always be parents that live through their children. Who cares? Is it really hurting you? Just don't pay attention to them. You live your life the way you want, and let others live through their children if they want.

I'm trying to come up with the reason this thread was started. I haven't yet. Was it perhaps to give unsolicited advice to the rest of us?
@ocmama12, most of the parents who post on here on here do not live vicariously through their child athletes. They come on here to communicate with other cheer parents who understand the trials and tribulations of being a cheer parent. Who can relate to issues they are going through with their child, to share both the tears of joy and sorrow.
And the ones who post trying to live vicariously through their cps or who think they are validated by their cps' skills usually wind up with threads full of cat memes and Abby Lee Miller gifs.
I must admit, I started scrolling waiting to see the first kitty scroll up the screen.

And I agree with the other sentiments that most parents on this forum are not living vicariously through their children. Those that do that, are too busy taking duck face pictures of themselves in glitter makeup and hair bows to post on Facebook to have an intelligent conversation here.

I would appreciate, as a parent, not being thrown into that stereotype just because I have two kids that cheer....and ocmomma12 you may wish to do a bit of reading in many existing threads to see how you might like to present yourself on the boards. In the newbie section it's better, but in the regular boards, coming across as you have is likely to not sit well with basically anyone.

Just a suggestion.

And I agree with the other sentiments that most parents on this forum are not living vicariously through their children. Those that do that, are too busy taking duck face pictures of themselves in glitter makeup and hair bows to post on Facebook to have an intelligent conversation here.

12stepCheermom if I could shimmy this to a million I would I LOVE this because we used to be on a team where that was the norm...... pictures and all. almost peed my pants from that post :)

I must admit, I started scrolling waiting to see the first kitty scroll up the screen.

I would appreciate, as a parent, not being thrown into that stereotype just because I have two kids that cheer....and ocmomma12 you may wish to do a bit of reading in many existing threads to see how you might like to present yourself on the boards. In the newbie section it's better, but in the regular boards, coming across as you have is likely to not sit well with basically anyone.

Just a suggestion.

Dammit, busted again.

Back