All-Star Parent/spectator Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1. What are your biggest cheerleading pet peeve/ or ur pet peeve about ur cp (cheer related)?
Answer: People who sign up and not show up for summer practices and complain that their child does not have a feature/important part in any area of the routine or are featured in the corner in the back row. Another pet peeve- Favoritism and Unfairness.
2. Favorite team or teams?
Answer: WC Shooting Stars, WC Odyssey and TGLC
3. How many years have you been a cheer parent or spectator?
Answer: 4 as a Cheer parent, 1st year as a spectator (daughter is on a sabbatical leave to focus on school)
4. Favorite competition to attend?
Answer: 1st- UCA- I totally love the after competition festivities with Mickey and Minnie and Weather.
2nd- NCA - love the parting prizes (jackets), drop to 2nd because of STP policies and weather.
5. What is your competition event pet peeve?
Answer: The long days and lack of decent and healthy foods to eat, plus, high prices and most cash only events. Should have some kind of family pricing incentives
6. If I would have known then what I was getting myself (and my pockets) into I would have.....Answer: Fundraise early and frequently , and open a 529 savings account for cheer alone- the money in this account will compound daily.
7. If I could change one thing about cheering it would be....
Answer: 1st- That the sport season was not entirely ran during the school season and not a year round sport, cheer should have an off season- 2nd- Give the athletes some time to rest for a month or two. 3rd- Of course, that nasty and monopolizing STP...4th- Stop charging tryout/evaluation fees to returning athletes or better yet, only charge to new athletes or returning athletes trying out for a Worlds team, if they were not on one before. 5th- Create and stick with skill standards for each level, so athletes knows what things they need to accomplish to move up a level.

Last edited:
1. What are your biggest cheerleading pet peeve/ or ur pet peeve about ur cp (cheer related)? Gym owners with no business sense. Happy parents = happy athletes = athletes that get their friends to join the gym = more $ for gym owners.
2. Favorite team or teams? CP's team/gym
3. How many years have you been a cheer parent or spectator? This is my 3rd year.
5. What is your competition event pet peeve? The cost for spectators. Like someone else said, I don't invite the rest of the family, grandparents, etc, because I can't in good conscience ask them to pay $15 each to watch a 2.5 minute routine. Dance competitions are free and they have the same venue costs as cheer (space, specialized floor, MC, music system...). Oh, and the crappy crappy food. We sneak our own healthy stuff in anyway.

Can I add a pet peeve? Yes no well I'm gonna lol.

2nd pet peeve-big HUGE cheer hair. Do we really have to have this? What is it about huge beehive poofs and mountainous looking hair that says "athlete?" Yeah. Nothing.
If you come to Kansas, look us up! Straight, high ponies. Easy peasy and no stress on hair on comp days!

That is all CP has to do this year, I wanted to do a back flip when I found out.
As a cheer mom, I hate the poof and no one need a that kind of craziness on a competition day! LOL So I make the hair simple, but for the love of all that is good...make sure it is a HIGH pony and the bow Pops!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As a cheer mom, I hate the poor and no one need a that kind of craziness on a competition day! LOL So I make the hair simple, but for the love of all that is good...make sure it is a HIGH pony and the bow Pops!

We've had to do the poof once and I hated it. If anything, a high pony with curls is fine with me and looks cute but athletic. But the poof? I don't need to jack her hair to Jesus to make her a good cheerleader. This year we have super simply stuff---smokey eye, red lips, high pony with the bow bobby pinned in. No fuss, no muss. I love it!

ETA: The worse hair style we had to do was for half season---two buns with spikes around them. With a CP who doesn't have really long hair, it was not only too complicated, but too painful and came with way too many tears!

We've had to do the poof once and I hated it. If anything, a high pony with curls is fine with me and looks cute but athletic. But the poof? I don't need to jack her hair to Jesus to make her a good cheerleader. This year we have super simply stuff---smokey eye, red lips, high pony with the bow bobby pinned in. No fuss, no muss. I love it!

ETA: The worse hair style we had to do was for half season---two buns with spikes around them. With a CP who doesn't have really long hair, it was not only too complicated, but too painful and came with way too many tears!
Cp had to do a bun one year when she was maybe 6 or 7. With her fine blonde hair, we were lucky to make a nub, not even close to a bun.

Cp does her own hair now thank goodness. Hair and makeup were never my forte and I was so glad when she started doing it herself.

We had to do the poof for two competitions and then they said we (tiny only) could do just a high pony. Even getting a teased pony in CP's hair is painful though. Her hair is so fine I have to retease it every five minutes.

Cp had to do a bun one year when she was maybe 6 or 7. With her fine blonde hair, we were lucky to make a nub, not even close to a bun.

Cp does her own hair now thank goodness. Hair and makeup were never my forte and I was so glad when she started doing it herself.

I'm very lucky that CP's dad is gifted with hair and make-up because I can't do any of it. I was lucky to get 2 buns out of her hair, but those spikes...bleh! By the end of it, I think I added 10 lbs of stuff on top of her little head.

We had to do the poof for two competitions and then they said we (tiny only) could do just a high pony. Even getting a teased pony in CP's hair is painful though. Her hair is so fine I have to retease it every five minutes.

That is nice!

We're waiting to hear if we have to do the dreaded poof this season or if they'll go with something else. Lil Bits has baby fine blond hair that's cut into a bob. The kind of hair that breaks with every time she wears an elastic in it. There isn't much real estate on her head for a poof and teasing. I'm even fine with a braid across the front but fingers crossed there's no teasing involved.

We're waiting to hear if we have to do the dreaded poof this season or if they'll go with something else. Lil Bits has baby fine blond hair that's cut into a bob. The kind of hair that breaks with every time she wears an elastic in it. There isn't much real estate on her head for a poof and teasing. I'm even fine with a braid across the front but fingers crossed there's no teasing involved.

Yeah, as of now we have to do the poof again. Fingers crossed they let us do what we did last year, but I'll have to wait and see.

Got 2 Be Powderful or Schwartzkopf Dust It are the bomb for fine hair

I'll have to try one of those, thanks!

1. What are your biggest cheerleading pet peeve/ or ur pet peeve about ur cp (cheer related)?

Blatant favoritism
Coaches who cant spot tumbling.

2. Favorite team or teams? Top Gun, Fame, CEA, MD Twisters, Crimson Heat, Brandon, California Allstars, USA, Ellenwood & countless others.

3. How many years have you been a cheer parent or spectator? 11 years in the cheer bunker

4. Favorite competition to attend? Reach the Beach Nationals, UCA

5. What is your competition event pet peeve?
Rude parents/event staff member in VIP section

6. If I would have known then what I was getting myself (and my pockets) into I would have.....
not stayed at previous gym as long as we did.

7. If I could change one thing about cheering it would be....
make the coach credentialing & certification process more rigorous.

Back