All-Star Partner Stunt Skill Suggestions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 5, 2014
Hey everyone. Does anyone have any cool/interesting partner stunt suggestions? My eldest son is on L5 this year, but has been learning Level 6 stunts as well for the last year or so. The problem we've found is thinking of creative transitions/variations to learn.

To get an idea of his skill level...Currently working back handspring ups & double ups. Already has rewinds, tick tocks, west-ins, l-ups, back tuck dismount, etc.

It doesn't have to be hard, even something easy but not seem too much is appreciated. Or any suggestions, regardless of level. He and his flyer really want to be well-rounded!

Thanks so much! :)

this might not be that helpful but if i look for creative stunts i tend to watch college nationals, UCA and NCA , you can find a lot of creative stunting there

I've been partner stunting a long time and you've got me Stumped. What's a Westin up?

I don't have a video on me at the moment, sorry, I'll try to ask my CP tomorrow. There's two versions of the West-in.
The one my CP is working the advanced version; its basically a release move with a quarter or half turn and switch-up.
I'll try my best to brake it down..the base starts crouched down into a squat facing the front. The flyer is positioned like in a walk-in only facing the right instead and with her left foot in the bases hands. They go up, flyer locking her leg out and the base will toss her straight up releasing the foot completely (done well the flyer will be a good head above the bases outstretched arms.) She'll switch feet while turning either a quarter or half-turn to face the left or front. (CP's flyer usually grabs for stretch or arabesque at this point as it gives more height). The base then catches the flyers right foot at an extended level lib variation.

Perhaps they have a different name where you live?

My guess is an auto corrected walk in?
Not quite, the start position is close though.

Last edited:
Tell him to join this Facebook group: Facebook

It is a bunch of current and former college cheerleaders who share their open gym stunt videos regularly. Lots of good skills in there

Hand to hands are are great to learn, it seems like he may be at the point where he can learn one to ones (one armed rewind to awesome/QP). I personally love one armed lib/stretch tic-tocs and full arounds at the top where the flyer holds the body position.

I don't have a video on me at the moment, sorry, I'll try to ask my CP tomorrow. There's two versions of the West-in.
The one my CP is working the advanced version; its basically a release move with a quarter or half turn and switch-up.
I'll try my best to brake it down..the base starts crouched down into a squat facing the front. The flyer is positioned like in a walk-in only facing the right instead and with her left foot in the bases hands. They go up, flyer locking her leg out and the base will toss her straight up releasing the foot completely (done well the flyer will be a good head above the bases outstretched arms.) She'll switch feet while turning either a quarter or half-turn to face the left or front. (CP's flyer usually grabs for stretch or arabesque at this point as it gives more height). The base then catches the flyers right foot at an extended level lib variation.

Perhaps they have a different name where you live?

Not quite, the start position is close though.
Like a quarter turn (or half turn) switch up? I'm just trying to picture what you're describing. That's a much more common term used but that may not be what you're saying lol.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Hand to hands are are great to learn, it seems like he may be at the point where he can learn one to ones (one armed rewind to awesome/QP). I personally love one armed lib/stretch tic-tocs and full arounds at the top where the flyer holds the body position.

We tried the hand in hands last night, it was very successful. CP's not at the point where he's physically strong enough for the one arms, but we did get a couple full arounds and a 1 1-2 round to hit. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

We tried the hand in hands last night, it was very successful. CP's not at the point where he's physically strong enough for the one arms, but we did get a couple full arounds and a 1 1-2 round to hit. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Here is a list I made for my Tech cheerleaders. Warning, I used the names I know but are also not PG.

http://gtcheer.com/files/2014/05/Stunt-List.pdf

I was going to suggest Tarzans. They're not particularly difficult, but it's transitional. Same with ponies.

I have no idea what half the things are on that list, but I want to learn the Full House :p

What is half-in half-out? Reverse hands?

Back