All-Star Pda At Competition Or The Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 7, 2011
I looked and could not find another thread on this if there is I am terribly sorry! i got this idea from the team mates dating thread. but what do you guys think of PDA at comp or the gym even if its just holding hands or hugging.

I know my gym has very strict rules on it. just curious about other gyms because i know i see some girls all over their boyfriend's at competition and i hate seeing that.

once again i am sorry i tried looking for another thread like this.

Well for my high school team if you are seen having any type of PDA (hugging is okay i think. everyone hugs everyone so its not a big deal) at a game, competition or anytime you are in uniform there are pretty severe penalties. Our coach is all about integrity and having class at all times and it really bothers her to have stuff like that happen. So its definatly not allowed for us. Which is how I think it should be.

I dont think that it should be allowed at all. People should have class and keep it clean. Hugs are totally okay and a peck is fine but anything more is too much!! Keep the love life out of the cheer life!

Are we talking about between teammates or cheerleader and non cheer boyfriend? Because I think when you're on the same team there are a whole lot more rules about appropriateness than if its just one person

Well for my high school team if you are seen having any type of PDA (hugging is okay i think. everyone hugs everyone so its not a big deal) at a game, competition or anytime you are in uniform there are pretty severe penalties. Our coach is all about integrity and having class at all times and it really bothers her to have stuff like that happen. So its definatly not allowed for us. Which is how I think it should be.
When I did school cheer in Jr. high we weren't allowed to even hold hands or hug if we were even in clothes that said Davis Jr high cheerleading on it.

I have a big thing about PDA in general..hand holding, sweet. Hugging, cute. The occasional sneak peck on the cheek, adorable. But if I'm walking and having a conversation with you and turn to look at you only to find you are five steps behind me because you and your boyfriend decided to have a tickle-fight turned make-out session, I have moved to annoyed. If you are being THAT couple, know that most people around you are weirded out or secretly glaring. It's awkward sauce. I don't want to watch you suck face for hours on end. If you want to claim that relationships are 'private' business, then you should KEEP it private.

I'm sure I've mentioned before how I have a friend and her boyfriend who are THAT couple. For comparison-my then boyf K and I are sitting at a pub with a group of friends. His hand is on my knee. That's it. While friend and HER bf are off in the corner, she's practically in his lap, and they're alternating play-fighting with making out. As we all just awkwardly ignore them. If this sounds like you: stop. You are being Karen and nobody likes Karen.

Seen PDA at a competion once. Cheerleader in uniform with her boyfriend, practically making out in front of us. Made us uncomfortable. We had to change seats. Teenage cheerleaders, please keep it classy. The little ones look up to you.

I think its so gross and inappropriate to be making out with your bf or if your a guy gf. I know I was visiting a guy one time and there was a cheerleader and her bf were laying on the trampoline like snuggling and kissing when the little girls class and the youth team were practicing on the floor right next to the floor. I just think that the cheerleaders are there for a reason and im pretty sure its a cheerleading competition not how many people can you gross out and make uncomfortable competition.

If they're on the same team or not it should be kept to a minimal. No more than hand holding, hugs, or a quick "congratulations you did a great job basing that airplane (an actual quote from my boyfirend)" kiss. No lap sitting at awards, no making out in the halls, no grinding at pre-awards dancing. I have a boyfriend and we've been together a pretty long time. So, of course I drag him along to all my competitions, he even has a gym tee shirt. He sits with my mom and she explains what's happening. I honestly don't even know how people have time to get away at comps. It's like "Isn't there somewhere you should be?" I'm always with little girls, or in warm-ups, or cheering one of our teams, or doing someones makeup, or eating lunch etc. etc.

i don't even really like when couples kiss at competitions. maybe one as good luck or good job. but a kiss on the cheek will do just as well. i don't see any problem with holding hands or hugging though :) that's JMO.

Someone I know was guilty of all that. Half of the kids on her team didn't even know her name. She was just "girl with boyfriend". Competitions, games, and practices aren't dates.

There is a time/place for everything. To me, a comp or anytime you are wearing a uniform is not that time for PDA.

Back