High School Pep Rallies

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I was in high school our pep rallies went like this:

- Announced the winner of spirit week (Fresh, Soph, Jr, or Sr.)
- Senior Superlatives (best smile, eyes, hair, class clown, class sweethearts, etc.)
- Band played the fight song
- Class relays (few people from each class participate; run, spin, put on football wear, ride a bike across the gym, etc.)
- Class officers tug-a-war
- Powderpuff cheerleaders (boy cheerleaders) perform
- Cheerleaders perform
- Senior Football Parents do a skit
- Football coach has to try and guess Senior football players and cheerleaders by their baby picture (each senior parent holds a different persons)
- Big hail to the football players to win the big thanksgiving game

The boy cheerleaders are a hit at our school too. Not co-ed cheerleaders, male athletes from soccer, football, basketball baseball, track, etc. dress up and do a routine. Ours are actually pretty good, and not as campy as you might expect.

The boy cheerleaders are a hit at our school too. Not co-ed cheerleaders, male athletes from soccer, football, basketball baseball, track, etc. dress up and do a routine. Ours are actually pretty good, and not as campy as you might expect.
I love watching those routines! YouTube has plenty of videos of them. Some of them are cringe-worthy, though. I once saw a routine in which the guys formed two stunt groups on opposite sides of the mat (but not opposite of each other) and they both basket tossed their flyers across the mat, with no second stunt group to catch them. Lol.

So I just watched some of those videos- maybe not that good but they all did cartwheels, had a couple baskets, and half a dozen back tucks! Maybe they were kinda campy, especially the winter indoor rally when their printed nike pros were showing below their shorts...

Back