All-Star Pep Talks!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

JulieP said:
I find myself saying, "Breathe, you'll be alright" a lot. Whether they're tired, sick, hurt, scared of skills, or frustrated it seems to help. I also try to make kids laugh when they get dinged up in stunts and tumbling- laughter is ALWAYS the best medicine.

Sounds a lot like me. No wonder we get along so well. We like to be silly : P

buffyyy said:
spell check has arrived. ruff is the sound a dog makes! *rough :sharkchase:

No one eats my....oh I give up -__-

Pretty funny story I heard. Our owner had kind of long hair and she promises this one girl if she would do her full she would cut it and give her 100$.
The girl did her full. So the owner cut it & gave her the money!

The girl hasn't done her full since and it's been a year. She made the girl give her 100$ back but there was no bringing the hair back.
Lol

Kris10boo said:
Pretty funny story I heard. Our owner had kind of long hair and she promises this one girl if she would do her full she would cut it and give her 100$.
The girl did her full. So the owner cut it & gave her the money!

The girl hasn't done her full since and it's been a year. She made the girl give her 100$ back but there was no bringing the hair back.
Lol

Yikes! I'd get my money back too!!

Thats what my mom and dad did when I was a gymnast...Im totally for it : )

It was a joke. Call me crazy, but I feel like the gift for getting a skill is having the skill and more opportunities - maybe a higher level team, last pass, or (Heaven forbid) self-pride!
A congratulatory reward is totally different from an all-out bribe. If my cp doesn't want to, or can't, perform a skill, she can keep right on working on it. But no electronic, fashion accessory or cuddly, small mammal will enter my home because she threw a double, or whatever.

we dont have team moms etc here and spirit gifts are just unheard of. But I give my kids incentives, they are moving up to level 3 this year and ive given each of them a realistic goal to achieve, if they achieve it they get their "j3 bracelet". if they work together and the whole team gets their bracelets they will get a j3 present at the next comp. last year they got tshirts, candy and medals... they were a new team and it made them pull together, work hard and push themselves to be their best!

Back