All-Star Perfect Competition Curls (i.e. Cali Sm Sr, F5, Shooting Stars)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hi does anyone have a tutorial/video on the hair half up/down with beautiful curls? Also does anyone have a picture of a high pony tail curly with the same type of curls?
here is a picture of a ponytail in tighter curls (from tumblr)
149ow3m.jpg

yes i was! my mom used aqua net like she was trying to choke us. i often wonder what the lasting effects of breathing that stuff in are. but in middle school i used to do my bangs like a wave. i would pull them up and over, hold in place and spray baby spray! it kind of reminds me of the poofs the girls do now! lol
When I did my bangs, I looked like a peacock from the back! LOL!

I did this tonight just for fun. I used larger sections than usual and I used a wand.
a4a6ytuj.jpg

cupieqt you call that fun? i notice you have the iPad set up for cp to watch something while you worked. good idea!

Hahahaha! We had a blast! Actually, I had it set up so I could look at the pictures on this thread while I did it :oops:
We enjoyed it very much though, probably bc it was just to see how it would look--no pre competition stress.

Whenever I want my hair it does more of a wave, and I use small sections! What can I do to make it more spiral or like the picture above? Is there a special technique or something

Whenever I want my hair it does more of a wave, and I use small sections! What can I do to make it more spiral or like the picture above? Is there a special technique or something
curl one row twisting towards the right then the next row twisting towards the left. this makes it so the curls and combine very easily.

Do most of you curl the hair after you've poofed the front and pulled it half up, or before? We're doing a tutorial with our parents and I'm trying to figure out how to teach this to parents that might be pretty clueless when it comes to hair.

I've already gotten SO many girls and parents saying "BUT MY HAIR DOESN'T CURL!"

Do most of you curl the hair after you've poofed the front and pulled it half up, or before? We're doing a tutorial with our parents and I'm trying to figure out how to teach this to parents that might be pretty clueless when it comes to hair.

I've already gotten SO many girls and parents saying "BUT MY HAIR DOESN'T CURL!"
When its half up/half down we usually use Curlformers the night before and leave out the top part. In the morning we make the poof (thank goodness my cp is 12 and can make her own) and if there's enough time put the remaining Curlformers in the half up part; if not just use a curling iron or wand. Cp's hair is on the thin side though so we have it a little easier.

When its half up/half down we usually use Curlformers the night before and leave out the top part. In the morning we make the poof (thank goodness my cp is 12 and can make her own) and if there's enough time put the remaining Curlformers in the half up part; if not just use a curling iron or wand. Cp's hair is on the thin side though so we have it a little easier.
...this works for my daughter too.

I just want to mention that some girls hair is easier to poof than others. My girls and myself have the easiest hair for poofing. 1 2 3 poof spray done. I have literally spent 30 40 minutes trying to get other girls hair to poof nicely...it can be done but for some it is much harder.

Back