All-Star Performance Order.... Thoughts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2010
I'm curious as to everyone's opinion as the whether you feel the performance order is critical or not (1st, last, etc) and why.

I know this is very subjective, but would like to hear everyone's thoughts. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer and I'm not even sure how I feel in particular...

Personally I don't like going first I like going in the 2nd or somewhere in between 1st and last teams in the division

first can feel good at first, but after your done if you watch the competition and get critical of yourself.. it can get annoying
but last is also very pressured, especially if you know the competition has done good, or even bad because that can get people feeling too confident

first, watching all the teams go after, i love it, & im noticing alot of companies are doing like every other division type thing like

junior 2
youth 1
junior 2
youth 1

i like it so right before you go on your not seeing someone your against and freaking yourself out !

There are two ways to look at it...if you go first and do well you can set the bar high !! If you go last and do well you can show everyone up;)

I hate competing last because while your in warmups all you can hear is the other teams music and the crowds going wild. So you think there doing really good and then theres even more pressure. I actually like going first.

I like to perform like second to last. If your in the beginning then the judges can compare and say "well team ones stunts arent as good as the team after them etc"and you can also get forgotten more easily and then if your last they can compare you to every team. In the middle you also kind of blend in unless you are amazing.

I know when I did gymnastics, going first actually made you score rather low because they needed a place to start. So if I had ever gone first on an event, I never would expect a good score because that just doesn't really happen. I don't know if the same type of thing could ring true for cheerleading because I've gone first, middle, and last and still managed to score really well and really badly.

Interesting opinions!!

Does anyone, especially coaches/gym owners feel the order affects how you're judged?

I do NOT like going first. I feel that they usually score lower than teams that go near the end. I think its because the judges don't want to give the first team too high of a score because the next teams could be better and they don't want them to have too high of a score.

I agree with brandnewstyle. I think it is human nature for the judges to reserve high scores for teams that go later, even if they do it subconsciously. A team going first can rock out and nail their stunts, but the judges might not give them max points, because what happens if the, say, 5 teams following are better? If a team nails full squad 1 and a quarter ups and you give them 10/10, what do you give the next team who nails full squad 1.5 ups? Here is where the problem lies.

Back