College Pharmacy Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My roommate is in Pharm School at PITT. PITT's cheer team does attend Nationals but they're not up there with Louisville, etc. Solid overall team though. Great Pharmacy school as well. Most of the program is done in correlation with UPMC which is the biggest hospital in the Pittsburgh area so you get a lot of good opportunities. I don't know where you're from and how far you're willing to travel.

I was in pharm school for 3 years and ended up changing my major because I hated it. Not trying to scare you off, but I honestly would never cheer while in pharm school. The course load is so intense that adding in cheer would (in my opinion) be ridiculously stressful. I was in the Mizzou/UMKC satellite program and they do not allow people to be in both. If you are a guy or top girl you could look at Kansas. The school of pharmacy there only allows you to cheer first year because after that the workload is too much, but everyone I know that has gone there loves it

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

From what I here SFA has a pretty good premed program. Tryouts for the cheer team are this weekend!

Does any one know of any good cheer schools that also have good pharmacy programs?
ohio state has a pretty good pharmacy program and is in the top teams at nationals in large coed at UCA every year, plus the gameday experience is superior..i was originally pharmacy but ended up switching after 3 yrs to nutrition

Thanks for all the help so far. I am actually not the cheerleader in question. I am her coach. The athlete in question is in her junior year entering her senior year. She is a flyer/top girl and is very skilled at single base stunting. She is very light and had been really working at her flexibility and we have seen a lot of progress. Her only downfall is a lack of tumbling. She is working hard at it but it just isn't coming along. So as far as tryout time last year I think she will have a standing tuck but nothing other than that. I will have a talk with her about the workload along with cheer. Thanks for the help so far and if there are any other schools that you can think of that would be great.

I was in pharm school for 3 years and ended up changing my major because I hated it. Not trying to scare you off, but I honestly would never cheer while in pharm school. The course load is so intense that adding in cheer would (in my opinion) be ridiculously stressful. I was in the Mizzou/UMKC satellite program and they do not allow people to be in both. If you are a guy or top girl you could look at Kansas. The school of pharmacy there only allows you to cheer first year because after that the workload is too much, but everyone I know that has gone there loves it

Not exactly true. You atleast can have your first 2 years, maybe a third without involving the Pharm school into your life. But I know 2 girls who cheered all 4 years and finished with Pharm degrees at Kansas. Very possible!

Not exactly true. You atleast can have your first 2 years, maybe a third without involving the Pharm school into your life. But I know 2 girls who cheered all 4 years and finished with Pharm degrees at Kansas. Very possible!

Really? I'm glad that has changed then. When I interviewed with the Dean of the pharmacy school several years ago he said they only allowed it to happen first year. I guess it depends on when you finish undergrad and enter the actual pharm program. I was planning to enter the program directly out of high school without spending any time in undergrad, so that may have affected what he told me

University of South Florida - my daughter plans on going into pharmacy -they have an all girl squad that competes UCA -cheers football/basketball and a Coed squad that cheers football/basketball. She will be an incoming freshman, so I don't know how rigorous her pre req's will be. I do know a few cheerleaders though, that have gotten accepted into the Pharmacy program there, and others that have taken harder course loads/majors - while cheering.

Back