All-Star Poofs With Bangs?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 12, 2010
I've been having a really hard time figuring out how to poof my hair. My bangs are grown out to around my mouth but they still don't allow for a very big poof. On top of that my hair is really thin and silky and won't stay teased very well. Any tips from the talented poofers out there? :)

(I apologize if this is a thread already. I looked around and couldn't find a post for my specific proofing problem.)

One of the best ways to do a poof, for me, requires one of those tiny elastic rubberbands, because my hair is super thin/silky as well, and it makes it a LOT easier to keep my bangs from falling out. I know there are tons of tutorials and videos out there.

I get a square of my hair together, and pull it back like a mini-half pony tail, and then tie it up in the baby elastic, then push the elastic forward and bobby pin it in place.

You need to use more than just your bangs. They probably aren't enougn to poof. Try parting a square about three inches back and poofing that. Ill post a picture.

One of the best ways to do a poof, for me, requires one of those tiny elastic rubberbands, because my hair is super thin/silky as well, and it makes it a LOT easier to keep my bangs from falling out. I know there are tons of tutorials and videos out there.

I get a square of my hair together, and pull it back like a mini-half pony tail, and then tie it up in the baby elastic, then push the elastic forward and bobby pin it in place.

This is one of the easiest and most secure ways that I know how to do poofs...... I know wayy too much about this stuff... :banghead:

2iiyib.jpg

2w4w4no.jpg

My bangs are long but you really need a good square. Then I use the method above, ponytail off, push forward and pin. Don't twist or it will become lopsided

this is a video showing you how to do it with elastics just incase you didnt understand the full wording from above :)

I was going to take some pictures when I did my hair, but you made my life much easier, and allowed me to stay lazy for a while longer :)

Back