Position Of Cheer Captain?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm sure this has been said one way or another already, but IMHO just because one is the most talented on the team doesn't mean they are captain material, and vice versa. However, on the sidelines it's very helpful to have the captain(s) in the middle, as ours call off most of the cheers.

captains and seniors got to stand on boxes in the row farthest from the stands. we faced away from the crowd, but when we called a cheer, we would turn around and all the other girls on the ground were able to hear us. does this make sense? lol

and when i did hs cheer, the captains and seniors were always placed front row. good or bad. when we got a new coach, she let the captains be in the front and placed the other best dancers up front no matter what grade. but the captains were usually picked partially on skill. i dont do hs cheer anymore, but the captains dont have a good skill set, but they are always front and center. so when i watch the team, i just look toward the back where the actually good girls are placed

Seniors were usually in the front row, juniors in the second row, sophomores and alternates in the back row when facing the crowd. Captains were in the center of the middle row.

We have captains in the middle of each row, seniors on either side of the captains, juniors on either side of the seniors, and so on for band dances and cheers.
Captains are choreographed wherever it works best for the formation for routines.

No, just one captain and one co-captain. We're going to have a meeting today, just them and I, to discuss splitting responsibilities more clearly.
Are they not of equal rank? If they are, then maybe the co-captain has a logical point. Can't they just split center?

No, just one captain and one co-captain. We're going to have a meeting today, just them and I, to discuss splitting responsibilities more clearly.
Co-captain insinuates they are equals. I think better terminology would be Captain and Assistant Captain.

Back