All-Star Prayers And A Public Service Announcement...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheercurl

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
There was young man who would have started his first day of high school tomorrow but he died a week ago. He was just 15 years old. They suspect he was playing the "choking game" and broke a bone in his neck and died because he could not breathe. My daughter is friends with his younger brother...they both sound so bewildered by how or why this happened.

Please don't be stupid and think this is an innocent silly little game or worse thinking that nothing bad is going to happen to you. I am guessing this boy never thought for a minute that anything bad was going to happen to him either.

We have recently lost several young adults in our town from traffic accidents and freak accidents...they all thought they were invincible too but all of those accidents came from very poor choices. I am so sad.

Prayers to everyone but I have never heard of the choking game... But nonetheless very very sad! And many many prayers!

Prayers to everyone but I have never heard of the choking game... But nonetheless very very sad! And many many prayers!
I was going to post a link explaining but I am just going to PM you. I don't want a child to read the description. This game was mentioned in a recent cheerleading article...

a year ago i went to a classmates funeral, who died playing this choking game, it was the worst experience.. it has became popular to do with friends, but a lot of people have started doing it by themselves and thats when most of the deaths happen. please educate your friends/kids/family about this "game." think yall.
sending a prayer for this young mans family tonight...

So so sad. I just am confused. How does one go from not doing this, to deciding one day that it sounds like a good idea?

I'm a teen and I don't even understand the logic behind games like these. Senseless tragedies like these can be prevented! Prayers to all affected <3

Am I the only one who has no idea what this "choking game" you speak of is? I'm not sure how something I fear could be spun into a game.

Prayers for his family <3

Woah people still do that? I havent heard about that game since I was in 8th grade which was about 8 years ago. I remember a couple of my classmates banging their heads pretty hard on desks,chairs, the floor lol.... Its so sad to hear people dying over a stupid game.

Woah people still do that? I havent heard about that game since I was in 8th grade which was about 8 years ago. I remember a couple of my classmates banging their heads pretty hard on desks,chairs, the floor lol.... Its so sad to hear people dying over a stupid game.
OMG this game has been around for that long????.... it made a lot of headlines last year, and this past spring, but... wow. I can't believe it's been around that long. Most of the headlines were saying it was this "new game" that had been started. So sad :(

Am I the only one who has no idea what this "choking game" you speak of is? I'm not sure how something I fear could be spun into a game.

Prayers for his family <3
Google it or youtube it... I believe there are videos on "how to play".... it's a horrible and dangerous game :( You will be able to find news headlines on it too. Try searching it on Channel 7 (abc) wxyz.com , or like I said google or google news. It's so scary...

OMG this game has been around for that long????.... it made a lot of headlines last year, and this past spring, but... wow. I can't believe it's been around that long. Most of the headlines were saying it was this "new game" that had been started. So sad :(
people did it when I was in middle school, 12 years ago..

too scary

People did it when I was in High school in the early 2000's. Our gym owner said girls on her high school team did it in the mid to late 90's.... I wouldn't be shocked if my mom said her classmates did it in 70's

I try to explain to my teenage sister that nothing they do and none of their drama is original.

I'm a teenager & don't understand why people would want to play this game. What's so fun about passing out & being choked? Maybe schools should start adding this awareness to their talks they have with students.

Back