All-Star Prayers For Newton, Ct

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just read his mom was the kindergarden teacher....he shot her and then the class full of kids. All this after killing his father at home.....
My god, 18 kids is basically an entire kindergarten class. Those are the ratios we build our classes on for that age. How can you kill 18 babies? I just can't....

There saying now that 20 kids are dead...No matter how many childrens lives he took, they're still children. They haven't even begun to experince the world yet..

I haven't stopped crying. I'm actually moving today, so in between the packing, I went from hearing about a shooting at a school, to realizing it was a bunch of children and teachers.

I just don't understand. These are kids. These are BABIES. When I was a camp counselor, these were the kids climbing into my lap. Who told me they wanted me for a big sister. Who asked me to play with their hair, or wanted to show me their new Matchbox truck. Who wanted me to help them climb the big tree, or hold a baby goat for them to pet. Who wanted to sit next to me during lunch, or started crying in my arms during a thunderstorm. They could barely hurt a fly, never mind each other or me.

To think someone is a MONSTER enough to look at that room full of innocent faces and open fire makes me sick to my stomach and dead angry. How could anyone be capable of that?? There is nothing on this good green earth that could POSSIBLY be terrible enough to shoot those babies. When I get a moment in between packing, I'm calling my parents. My mother gets nervous with me living in the big city and working late nights, but it's sad when I'm reminded that danger is anywhere, even in a small town back home.

Normally I don't get very emotional when stuff like this happens. I think because the gravity of such a situation is almost not believable. Then I read about how there were parents in a room waiting for their kids that are "missing", and I lost it. I cannot even imagine having to go through that as a coach, friend, family member, etc, Let alone a PARENT. Then slowly realizing that your child isn't coming. Just absolutely heartbreaking to even fathom.

Its Newtown, CT not Newton. My back yard. My hometown Monroe and Newtown always had such a rivalry growing up in cheerleading from youth to high school with the town and i'm just devastated. everyone pray and hold your families close.
Im aware i spelt it wrong, I didn't have time to change it.

My heart is breaking for those families.

My prayers go out to the victims and their families, the survivors and their families and yes, even to the gunman's family because they have to live with his terrible crime...

May God bless and keep them!

This makes me SICK to my stomach to know that there are people out there who would do such a thing. My school made an announcement about this today and my whole school is praying for the families and most importantly the children who witnessed it/saw it happen! I cant even imagine the pain that these families have right now. My prayers go out to Newton.

looks like possibly 18 kids - 27 dead in all...
we have a lot of families from that town. Thank god we found out they are all safe.
This is so devastating.... there are just no words...
Prayers for all of those families and wishing them the best of luck if/when they compete tomorrow <3

No parent should ever have to bury their child, especially at 5 years old.

I broke down into tears because my mom sent me a text saying "I'm sending you a big hug and kiss and thankful you are okay. Those poor families that will never get to hug their child again. I love you."

I don't think it matters how old I am, I will always be a baby to my parents and to those involved, parents, siblings, friends, I give my sincere love and prayers. This could have happened to anyone, anywhere.

I'm at a loss. I can't even fathom this tragedy. I pray for the parents who lost children & for the parents of those who survived as well. I remember the 10 seconds when the tornado hit our gym and I didn't know where my son was. I can't explain it. It is the most gut wrenching moment of your life as a parent. I pray that the families can heal in time, that they have strong support systems and that these poor surviving children can move past the horror they experienced today.

12stepCheermom You said so many of the things I was thinking - regardless of what has occurred in your life to make you wish to end your life, what could possibly motivate you to kill babies first. How could someone look at those innocent little children and kill them? And I would vehemently disagree with anyone who would say this is part of any plan of God's. The free choice we were granted gives us all the choice to do evil and that inevitably impacts the innocent. This was not His plan and the responsibility for this lies solely with the young man who chose to do this.
My prayers are with the families of all the victims and with the children who survived and their families, those babies have had their innocence and sense of security stolen from them far too young.

I'll never understand how someone can be so full of hate to do something like this. My understanding is that he killed his mother at the home they shared, then drove, in her car, to the school and destroyed what she loved.

Those innocent babies.

Their parents, I can't imagine.

This morning, when I was going through the motions with my family; getting ready for work and getting them ready for school, 20 other families were doing the same thing.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say or what to say.

I do know I'm going to go watch Rudolph with my kids right now. Enjoy your families tonight folks.

Back