All-Star Prayers For Our Friends In The Dfw Area

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

how are you doing? Did you get hit? So sorry to hear!! :(
Thanks everyone. I have experienced a lot of tornadoes, but this was no doubt the worst. We are being asked to stay in our homes, so I haven't been able to see how bad it is. We have trees down and some damage to homes that I can see, but nothing like those poor people who actually were in the direct path. I am really worried about CheermommaRN though, so if anyone has her cell number and can reach her, please post. Thanks again!

Thanks everyone. I have experienced a lot of tornadoes, but this was no doubt the worst. We are being asked to stay in our homes, so I haven't been able to see how bad it is. We have trees down and some damage to homes that I can see, but nothing like those poor people who actually were in the direct path. I am really worried about CheermommaRN though, so if anyone has her cell number and can reach her, please post. Thanks again!
she posted on Facebook about 40 minutes ago, hopefully she is still ok!

We are okay! The kids were at school and spent the day hiding under desks or sitting in the hallway. It passed about 4 miles to the east of us. I could see the wall cloud go by from my front porch. My dog was the only smart one and kept going in the pantry waiting for me to join him. It was a scary couple hours. I haven't heard anything about the damage at Spirit, I do know the Arlington gym was in the area it passed through.

Sounds like Spirit's Coppell location was hit...parts of the roof were damaged and blown off, allowing debris to fly into the gym, but no one was hurt and the damage was limited to roof damage and the floors getting very wet. Thankfully it sounds like that was the extent at least as far as they go!

Wow that is crazy, we have no bad weather at all here. It looks nice outside. I had no idea this was happening in Dallas.. Maybe i should watch the news...My prayers are with everyone affected! I hope everyone is safe!

We are okay! The kids were at school and spent the day hiding under desks or sitting in the hallway. It passed about 4 miles to the east of us. I could see the wall cloud go by from my front porch. My dog was the only smart one and kept going in the pantry waiting for me to join him. It was a scary couple hours. I haven't heard anything about the damage at Spirit, I do know the Arlington gym was in the area it passed through.

Glad you made it through! Funny how animals react to this kind of stuff.

Ultimate fan, hope you and your family all escaped the bad weather and you are ok. Our hearts go out to you and all the people in your area affected by this terrible weather.
Thank you! I have made contact with all of my family members here and my daughter has finally been able to get home from work. We are still trying to reach some co-workers but that challenge is most likely due to cell phone towers down and power outages.

We have some clean-up to do, but nothing anywhere near as bad as our neighbors in other parts of Arlington. We were very fortunate. :)

Again, thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

I have a friend in Plano, she said it was so scary but she is ok. I watched a video of it and it looked terrible. I hope everyone is safe!

Thank you everyone for praying for me and everyone who live here!!! I had just got out of school when the tornado sirens went off, so I grabbed my dog and sat in the closet for 3+ hours. My neighborhood/city got some damage but not as near as Arlington! The weather report showed that there was about 6-14 tornados touched down but thankfully noone was injured. Again thank you all for thinking of us today :) Crazy Texas weather, I was wearing shorts on saturday and now I was waiting out tornados and some flooding....the price we pay to live in Dallas ;)

Adding one more thing, F5 YOU WERE JUST IN DALLAS TWO MONTHS AGO! ;) (kidding by all means)

Actually, an F5 mom and I were texting about the weather...how scary it must be for everyone, hoping everyone would be ok....and I had the weather channel up on my computer. At that moment, they said there were 2 Supercells and a Wedge tornado on the ground...we are former Supercells, and there was a moment where we were like omg can you imagine "Maryland Twisters Wedge"....and I believe a tag line was thrown out there of "we sure know how to pick 'em"....all joking aside, we are very, very glad to hear everyone is ok!!! and so so so sorry to my friend, I had to tell the story :p

Back