All-Star Prayers For Our Friends In The Dfw Area

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Actually, an F5 mom and I were texting about the weather...how scary it must be for everyone, hoping everyone would be ok....and I had the weather channel up on my computer. At that moment, they said there were 2 Supercells and a Wedge tornado on the ground...we are former Supercells, and there was a moment where we were like omg can you imagine "Maryland Twisters Wedge"....and I believe a tag line was thrown out there of "we sure know how to pick 'em"....all joking aside, we are very, very glad to hear everyone is ok!!! and so so so sorry to my friend, I had to tell the story :p

I would like to add, there was absolutely no disrespect intended to anyone who suffered through these storms, and are very sorry for devastation or difficulty experienced as a result of these storms.

Not usually! But then again, it's Texas...anything can happen :p[/quote
How horrible. Hope everyone is ok. Is it typical for the Dallas area to have tornado threats this time of year?
Last season, we spent some time in pulled off the highway (driving from the Maryland area to Texas...yes, I know crazy) looking for cover in the area between Nashville and Memphis from tornadoes on our way to NCA Dallas....at the end of February. Seriously. And my dad decided he wanted to take cover in a Cracker Barrel of all places (no joke), and I'm like WHAT all the windows and craft stuff in here, that's how we're going out?!!???

I hope everyone there stays safe and is okay! Sending my prayers to cheermommaRN, U.E. Cheer, BlueCat, Angelica, and everyone else in the Dallas & Arlington areas. TheUltimateFan, glad to hear you're okay! :)

Thank you!! I know we all appreciate it. It's been a long night. The storm hit my area (east texas) around 7 and it's just now passing. & we finally have electricity again, thankgoodness. Thanks again :)

Yep. The news said anywhere from 18 tornadoes touched down. No deaths accounted for but about a dozen or more injured. Please pray for the families affected by this, as well as Arlington and forney as those cities got hit the worst. <3

Ya'll are so sweet, thanks for the prayers! They confirmed 15 tornado's touched down and I know some of our employees still are without power, and some schools were on lock down for almost 2 hours. It was very scary but dfw ended up very fortunate with no serious injuries or deaths. Were in Southlake, and every year since Ive been at Champion we've had to seek shelter because of tornado's and its always around this time. We're very lucky to have no damage , but yes please pray as there were schools that were hit in Forney and Arlington and Lancaster took major hits.

Back