All-Star Prayers For Top Gun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IMG_0331_zps3640dc9e.jpg

IMG_0330_zps41f648f9.jpg

North Carolina State University Large and Small Coed cheerleaders showing our support for Miguel! We will keep Miguel and his family in our prayers!

Update from Jose on FB:

"Update:

Miguel has moved his left hand ( the broken one) and completely moved it over his head. He can hear us and responds by answering out commands. He has opened his eyes TWICE for a brief second when my mom or the nurse ask him too. The other times you can see him attempt by moving his eyelids. I also told him I loved him and i was sorry and we saw him squint both eyes and start to cry....

A ct scan was done earlier. But results have not been given to us, but the doctor ordered the nurse to take the cath out of his head. ( which has been done). According to the nurse, this is a good thing. Obviously he has brain function.

He has a continued high fever so they have undressed him in hopes that it goes down, they are scared that he might develop a Pneumonia, but they can't tell with an x ray due to the damage of his lungs.

At the moment they are ok with people coming but they don't want people that haven't seen him in a long time to talk to him, bc they don't want him to be confused as to why they are here. They also don't want anyone crying over his bed.

This will be a long road to recovery, but WE WILL GET THERE! At least he knows that we are all here for him."
KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING SO HE CAN CONTINUE TO PROGRESS!!!

Update from Jose on FB:

"Update:

Miguel has moved his left hand ( the broken one) and completely moved it over his head. He can hear us and responds by answering out commands. He has opened his eyes TWICE for a brief second when my mom or the nurse ask him too. The other times you can see him attempt by moving his eyelids. I also told him I loved him and i was sorry and we saw him squint both eyes and start to cry....

A ct scan was done earlier. But results have not been given to us, but the doctor ordered the nurse to take the cath out of his head. ( which has been done). According to the nurse, this is a good thing. Obviously he has brain function.
He has a continued high fever so they have undressed him in hopes that it goes down, they are scared that he might develop a Pneumonia, but they can't tell with an x ray due to the damage of his lungs.
At the moment they are ok with people coming but they don't want people that haven't seen him in a long time to talk to him, bc they don't want him to be confused as to why they are here. They also don't want anyone crying over his bed.
This will be a long road to recovery, but WE WILL GET THERE! At least he knows that we are all here for him."
KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING SO HE CAN CONTINUE TO PROGRESS!!!

THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!! GOD IS GOOD!!!
=)

Update from Jose on Facebook:

Update:

Doctors believe that he is no longer in a coma because he is responding to our voices. He has not opened his eyes today but the attempt is still there, he flutters his eye lids when we ask him to open his eyes. They will keep him medicated for the pain and so he feels more comfortable. Standing next to him and holding his hands tell me that he's in a lot of pain. Today he has been more anxious then anything. They will keep him medically comatose with hopes that he will be fine . Speech,memory and awareness will be determined later.

He has a lot of mucus and they have to drain that like every 2 hours. They ordered for a humidifier to place into his airway, to help brake up that mucus.

They are weening him off the oxygen machine, in hopes to get him a little more comfortable (since he has a 2 tubes down his throat) right now the machine is breathing 50% and he is breathing the other 50%.

There has been talks about taking him into surgery before they remove the tube, solely because they would have to put it back in for the surgery.

His fever has gone down to 100' two days ago it was 103.

I will try to update again tonight.

Most recent update from Jose on Facebook:

Today he has NOTresponded and has developed a phneumonia. Please hear our prayers!!! Don't stop praying.... Please....

We are waiting for doctors to get more information.

Most recent update from Jose on FB:

"Update!!!

Miguel is doing much better today! Thank u lord! His eyes opened and stared across the room, once he saw my mom. He smiled in relief.... He also just got pissed (while eyes were closed ) bc the nurse was removing his stitches... But it was awesome to see him react even under sedation!!
He is still running a fever... And will have to get surgery for elbow, pelvis, jaw and eye ( orbit)
This is going to be long, tricky and expensive... But we will make it through... Together!"

KEEP PRAYING!!!

Latest posts

Back